In this Fallout 76 Miscellaneous Quests Guide, we will list all of the miscellaneous quests that are in the game or the ones that you will come across in the map. These are nameless quests that are added to your quest log automatically, and are scattered around Appalachia.
While exploring Appalachia, you will come across several Miscellaneous quests when you visit an area. As mentioned before, these are added automatically and usually lead you to a small collection of loot. However, not all lead to rewards, as some will lead you into new and expansive quests.
It is worth mentioning that these are not all of the Miscellaneous Quests as more are being added over time by Bethesda in Fallout 76, which is where it is best to explore more areas extensively, to unlock these quests.
Fallout 76 Miscellaneous Quests Guide
Below we will list all the known locations that, so far, contain Miscellaneous Quests. We will also provide their objective of completion and the description of each of these Quests.
Tygart Water Treatment
- Objective: Investigate the trailer
- Quest Description: in this quest, you need to pick up and listen to a Holotape: Message for Jeff. This holotape will be on the floor on the right side of the Tinker’s Workbench. This will begin the Quest: Ecological Balance.
The Whitespring Resort
- Objective: Kill 10 unruly golfer Feral Ghouls at Whitespring
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need all the Feral Ghouls in the sporting golf attire, that are roaming around The Whitespring Resort.
Tyler County Fairgrounds
- Objective: Jangles got lost at the fair – find him!
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to find Jangles the Moon Monkey who can be found next to the ice box in the Farm to Food booth.
- Objective: Clear out New Gad
- Quest Description: Defeat the marked enemies that are in New Gad to complete this quest.
Black Bear Lodge
- Objective: Talk to the Huntmaster of Black Bear Lodge
- Quest Description: in this quest, you need to head to the basement of Black Bear Lodge and speak with Huntsmaster computer terminal to begin Quest: Big Game Hunt
- Objective: Speak with Jack at the Pumpkin House
- Quest Description: This quest will appear once you are near the Pumpkin House, in Savage Divide, which will then follow the initiation of the Daily Quest: Trick or Treat?
Morgantown Airport Terminal
- Objective: Sign up for Advanced Responder Training
- Quests Description: In this quest, you need to use the terminal next to the Overseer’s Cache in the Morgan Town Airport Terminal and select Volunteers: Advanced Training to start Quest: Tentative Plans
Eastern Region Penitentiary
- Objective: Tune in to WGRF Grafton radio
- Quest Description: Turn on your Pip-Boy and tune into the WGRF Grafton radio to start the Quest: Bureau of Tourism
- Objective: Start your training at Camp McClintock
- Quest Description: This will begin Main Quest: Back to Basic
- Objective: Speak to the Shooting Range Attendant
- Quest Description: This quest will appear when you are near the shooting range. Once you complete this, it will start a Daily Quest: Target Rich Environment.
The Giant Teapot
- Objective: Visit the Giant Teapot
- Quest Description: You need to go to the Giant Teapot, then enter the red house next to it and speak with Sweetwater the Mr. Handy to initiate Quest: Strange Brew
Watoga Emergency Services
- Objective: Clear out the Watoga Emergency Services building
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to kill all the enemies Watoga Emergency Services in central Cranberry Bog, followed by killing an Elite Enemy who shows up after you kill the rest. The quest is completed once the Elite Enemy is defeated and looted.
Watoga Civic Center
- Objective: Clear out the Watoga Civic Center
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to kill all the enemies Watoga Civic Center in central Cranberry Bog, followed by killing an Elite Enemy who shows up after you kill the rest. The quest is completed once the Elite Enemy is defeated and looted.
Hornwright Industrial HQ in Charleston
- Objective: Explore Hornwright Industrial HQ in Charleston
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to enter Hornwright Industrial HQ and use the reception terminal in the foyer. Select Archived Messages, then Archive Message – 9.29.77 to initiate the Quest: The Motherlode.
Wavy Willard’s Water Park
- Objective: Contact Miss Annie
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to speak to Miss Annie at Wavy Willard’s Water Park in Toxic Valley to initiate Quest: Cold Case
Garrahan Mining Headquarters in Southeast Ash Heap
- Objective: Discover Garrahan Mining’s innovation
- Quest Desription: This appears when you approach Garrahan Mining HQ, where you should investigate the poster at the objective marker to start Quest: Miner Miracles
Morgantown Airport Terminal
- Objective: Find Grafton’s Mayor’s office
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to use the Responders HQ terminal on the second floor of the Morgantown Airport Terminal and select Complaint 15-J. Reading this complaint entry will initiate this Misc Quest. You should then head north to Grafton in Toxic Valley to find the office.
Next to Hornwright Industrial HQ in Charleston
- Objective: Find the church
- Quest Description: This quest is related to Event: The Bell Tolls
- Objective: Investigate Berkeley Springs
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to speak with Chloe the Ms. Nanny in Berkeley Springs to start Quest: Play Time.
- Objective: Get the Supply Drop
- Quest Description: in this you need to get your hands on a Government Aid drop that occasionally drops in Appalachia. Race to reach and open on to complete this quest.
- Objective: Find jukeboxes to bring music back to Summersville
- Quest Description: Head to the objective markers and activate the nearby jukeboxes. All three of them are inside buildings within the objective marker. They’re not particularly hard to find, and once you locate them, you only need to activate them to complete the quest.
Ella Ames’ Bunker
- Objective: Investigate Ella’s Bunker
- Quest Description: Appears when you are near Ella Ames’ Bunker. Use Ella’s terminal in the room at the end of the hall on the right side of the main room. Select “Research Studies,” then “RadShield” to complete the Miscellaneous objective and start “An Organic Solution.”
- Objective: Investigate Harpers Ferry
- Quest Description: Use any of the marked terminals around Harpers Ferry. Select “Missing Persons,” then “Missing Hunting Party” to complete this quest and start “Tracking Unknowns.”
- Objective: Investigate the House
- Quest Description: Pull the Vox Syringer out of the box to the left of the terminal; then use the terminal and select “Begin Vox Interpreter Data Collection Exercise” to start the quest “Someone to Talk To.”
- Objective: Investigate the shack
- Quest Description: Check the terminal inside the Hunter’s Shack and select “Upload Data” to start the quest “Queen of the Hunt.”
Southern Belle Motel off of Route 65
- Objective: Investigate the Southern Belle Motel
- Quest Description: Appears when you approach Southern Belle Motel. Speak with Boomer the broken Police Protectron in front of the hotel to start “Idle Explosives.”
- Objective: Clear out the Flooded Trainyard
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to kill all the enemies Flooded Trainyard, followed by killing an Elite Enemy who shows up after you kill the rest. The quest is completed once the Elite Enemy is defeated.
- Objective: Find Responder Supply Caches
- Quest Description: Search the Search the trainyard to find the three supply caches needed to complete the quest and net some extra loot.
- Objective: Find Duchess’s Stash
- Quest Description: Uncover the quest to loot the ill-gotten gains of the pre-war crime boss called Duchess.
Beckley in the southwestern corner of the Ash Heap
- Objective: Play music on the rooftops of Beckley
- Quest Description: Climb to the rooftops of the buildings in Beckley and head to each of the instruments at the marked locations. Play each instrument to complete this Miscellaneous Quest.
- Objective: Read Scribe Grant’s terminal
- Quest Description: This quest appears when you reach the 4th floor of Fort Defiance
- Objective: Search General’s Steakhouse for supplies
- Quest Description: Find and loot all of the containers at the objective markers to complete this quest.
- Objective: Search Monongah Mine for supplies
- Quest Description: Locate and unlock a safe in the Monongah Mine exterior. If you don’t have the skill to pick the lock, just remember: “The gnome holds the key.”
Multiple locations in Appalachia
- Objective: Search the body
- Quest Description: Take the Worn Viel and Damaged Holotape off the body to begin the Side Quest: Into the Mystery
Sunday Brother’s Cabin
- Objective: Search the cabin for survivors
- Quest Description: In this quest, you need to recover each of the holotapes at the objective markers to complete this quest.
Read more Fallout 76 Guides:
Fallout 76 Beginner’s Guide
Fallout 76 Power Armor Locations Guide – All Locations to Get Power Armor
Fallout 76 Weapons and Armor Mods – All Types of Modifications
Fallout 76 Side Quests Guide – All Side Quests Completion
8 Basic Steps After You Step Outside the Vault in Fallout 76
This concludes our Fallout 76 Miscellaneous Quests Guide. Feel free to comment below.