In a press release announcement, Square Enix announced that the Kingdom Hearts III opening song will be a collaboration between Hikaru Utadu and Skrillex. The song is titled Face My Fears which will feature the Japanese singer’s voice and the American DJ’s music composition.
The song will be released on January 18, 2019, which is just a few days before the launch of the game itself on January 29, 2019.
According to Square Enix, Skrillex previously intended to work with Hikaru Utadu on the song Don’t Think Twice, which is a previously revealed Kingdom Hearts III track. However, their collaboration turned in a new song Face My Fears and will be released with Don’t Think Twice.
Another famous producer Poo Bear has also collaborated on the track, and is also a producer of songs for Justin Bieber.
Earlier in the week, the voice cast for Kingdom Hearts III was also released. The voice cast includes:
- Kristen Bell as Anna from Frozen
- Josh Gad as Olaf from Frozen
- Idina Menzel as Elsa from Frozen
- Jonathan Groff as Kristoff from Frozen
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider from Tangled
- Donna Murphy as mother Gothel from Tangled
- John Ratzenberger as Hamm from Toy Story
- Tate Donovan as Hercules from Hercules
- Kevin R. McNally as Gibbs from Pirates of The Carribean
- Wallace Shawn as Rex from Toy Story
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
- Haley Joel Osment as Sora the protagonist
The new Kingdom Hearts is a long awaited sequel and will be the closing chapter in the saga, which is been told through the titles in the series over the years. Kingdom Hearts 3 is set to available on January 29, 2019 for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
Read more Kingdom Hearts News that we have previously covered:
- Kingdom Hearts III Special Edition PS4 Slim Announced
- Kingdom Hearts III – Gameplay and Cover Art
- Baymax From Big Hero 6, Coming in Kingdom Hearts III
- Kingdom Hearts VR Experience Coming December 2018