Focus Home Interactive and Saber Interactive have officially revealed the follow-up to their trucking sim hit MudRunner called SnowRunner. The brand new title received a reveal trailer today at Gamescom 2019 which reveals the extreme and harsh snowy terrain we will get to experience in it.
According to the official press release, SnowRunner is bigger and better as it will come with stunning visuals, advanced simulation physics, even bigger maps, vehicles, and a brand-new snowy setting. It will come with more than 15 brand-new, never before seen maps for players to explore and some of these maps are four times bigger than those featured in MudRunner.
The vehicle roster is also huge this time around with heavy-duty machines from manufacturers such as Pacific, Navistar, and more. Players will get to choose from a wide variety of powerful machines to tackle the brutal, new terrain. You will be able to modify and tune your trucks to tackle different scenarios and environmental hazards as well.
Key features of SnowRunner include:
- The ultimate off-road experience, expanded, improved, enriched.
- Expand your transport company and drive a huge roster of enormous customizable vehicles.
- Explore immense, untamed environments powered by the new game’s advanced physics engine.
- Complete perilous missions in more than 15 brand new sandbox maps, up to 4x as big as those of MudRunner’s!
- Overcome new extreme terrains, each with its own challenges, and find the quickest path to deliver your good safely.
- Customize your trucks’ looks and performance, complete with fully rendered interiors.
- Play solo or in multiplayer coop up to 4!
Fans of the original game MudRunner might notice that this time around, the publisher has decided to go with the Epic Games Store for the PC release. The reveal trailer on YouTube is already plagued by such comments and dislikes are pretty high by the PC community.
SnowRunner is slated for release in 2020 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store.