Turn10 Studios has revealed the upcoming November update for Forza Motorsport, and it is bringing the iconic Yas Marina circuit to the game. The Forza Motorsport Update 2 is also bringing new Spotlight cars for you to race in the Prestige Tour and plenty of game fixes and improvements across the board. The Online bit of Forza Motorsport will also get new events along with each update and this one is no different as it brings new events for you to check out.
Highlighting the new update is the new track addition Yas Marina to the game. Yas Marina has been part of the Forza Motorsport franchise for quite some time now but for some reason, it was not included in the brand-new title at its launch. However, the second update for the game is now adding this beautiful track to Forza Motorsport. Technically, Yas Marina is the most advanced track in the entire world as it combines cutting-edge architecture with thrilling racing.
For Forza Motorsport, Yas Marina has been rebuilt as it brings a more flowing hairpin and brings the track up to date with its current race season layout. The track will feature four different layouts including a full track experience, the North Corkscrew, the North Circuit, and the Sout Circuit. Some of the existing tours available in the Builders Cup have been updated to feature the new Yas Marina layouts such as Built for Sport, Premium Performance, C8 Challenge, and S Class Open Series. The new Prestige Tour also features Yas Marina along with Forza GT and Forza Touring Car Spec Series in Featured Multiplayer and Featured Rivals events.
The list of Spotlight Cars has also been refreshed to give you a chance to add new vehicles to your garage at a discounted price. These vehicles will be available at the Showroom every week and will offer a 30% discount off their full price using in-game credits. These include:
- 2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S – November 16-23
- 2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce – November 23-30
- 2017 Mazda MX-5 Cup – November 23-30
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – November 30-December 7
- 2017 Saleen S7 LM – December 7-14
- 2016 Spania GTA Spano – December 7-14
- 2020 MG #20 MG6 XPower – December 7-14
- 2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 – December 7-14
Along with these cars available to everyone, VIP members will get an additional vehicle discount on the 2019 Ferrari Monza SP2 from November 16 to December 13, 2023. If you purchased the Forza Motorsport Car Pass, you will be happy to know that you will be getting new vehicles throughout the month as well. The new Car Pass vehicles revealed include:
- 1965 Lotus #1 Team Lotus Type 40 – Available November 16, 2023
- 2019 McLaren #03 720S GT3 – Available November 23, 2023
- 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3 – Available November 30, 2023
- 2019 Peugeot #7 DG Sport Compétition 308 – Available December 7, 2023
Racers looking for a new Career Series can look forward to the Prestige Tour which allows you to experience some of the best vehicles in Forza Motorsport in curated events. The Prestige Tour begins with the British GT Series, moves to the V12 Power Series, and lands on the Maximum Velocity Series before concluding on the Boutique Builds Series. All four series are based around themes which include vehicles that fit in the description of Prestige bringing elegant quality with unmatched performance, technical innovation, and a storied heritage.
The schedule of the new Prestige Tour is:
|Prestige Tour||Starting Date||Spotlight Vehicle|
|British GT Series||November 16, 2023||2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S|
|V12 Power Series||November 23, 2023||2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce|
|Maximum Velocity Series||November 30, 2023||2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport|
|Boutique Builds Series||December 7, 2023||2017 Saleen S7 LM, 2016 Spania GTA Spano, 2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50|
There are no fixed time limits for completing these events however the tour will end on December 28, 2023, so you have until then to complete all four of the tours. If you are looking for even more racing, the Builders Cup Open Class Tour is celebrating the Italian manufacturers with the new Italian Open Tour. This will allow you to earn the coveted 2015 Ferrari 488 GTB and while it begins on November 16, 2023, you can complete it until December 14, 2023.
Fans of online racing and multiplayer will be happy to know that Update 2 is also bringing new Featured events to its calendar. Check out the events below:
Vintage Le Mans Sportscars – November 16-22
Race legendary cars that are as beautiful as they are brutal. Only the bravest and most skilled drivers can handle these classic racers at the limit.
Subaru BRZ Spec Series – November 23-29
Take part in a true test of driver skill in a handling masterclass.
The Birth of Grand Prix – November 9-December 6
Discover classic open wheel racers that epitomized the pioneering spirit of motorsport.
Forza P2 Series – December 7-13
Race to the limit and compete for the podium in one of the most competitive classes in motorsport.
Five brand-new Featured Rivals events are also part of Update 2 and you can check out their schedule below:
- Featured Track – Yas Marina – 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko – Yas Marina Full Circuit – November 16-December 13
- *VIP – High Velocity – 2019 Hyundai Veloster N Forza Edition – Lime Rock Full Circuit Alt – November 16-December 13
- Spotlight – AM Vantage ’13 – 2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S – Mugello Club Circuit – November 16-22
- Spotlight – Aventador ’16 – 2016 Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce – Hakone Grand Prix Circuit – November 23-29
- Spotlight – Bugatti Veyron – 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – Yas Marina North Circuit – November 30-December 6
- Spotlight – GMA T.50 – 2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 – Silverstone International Circuit – December 7-December 1
Game Fixes and Improvements
Forza Motorsport Update 2 brings a lot of fixes and improvements to the game. We have listed a core list of these updates below for you:
- Many fixes to improve overall game stability and reduce crashes across all platforms.
- Fixed issue where players can view and unlock tunes and vinyls shared by other players.
- Fixed the issue causing the black paint shade to show up as grey instead of black.
- Fixed issue where only the inner barrel on factory rims is paintable.
- Fixed the issue requiring shaders to recompile every time Forza Motorsport is started on AMD chipsets.
- Fixed specific game crash that occurs if headphones are plugged into the front panel.
- Fixes to matchmaking as a group, party management, and invites and joins across multiplayer.
- Fixes to ensure custom liveries show up more consistently across multiplayer game modes.
- Fixes to address cases where Intermission/Launch Countdown would take much longer than expected before the start of multiplayer races.
- Fixes to automatic wet tire selection when entering an event, and fixes to fuel estimation logic.
- Fixes to title stability when resuming from a suspended state on console.
- Fixed issue in the Featured Multiplayer menu where countdown timer would appear on Series that had not yet started.
- Adjusted event schedule to provide more variation in Event start times.
- Fixed issue where Race End timer did not appear for players who had already finished the race.
- Fixed an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup Career Mode.
- Resolved an exploit related to changing car tune mid-race.
- Fixed issue where the game becomes stuck in the “new content update” loop when entering the main menu.
- Fixes to Replays in scenarios where Replays do not start playing, the cars do not move, or they float.
- Fixed issue with a forced camera change at the start of a race.
- Fixed a number of Builders Cup exploits allowing high-class cars into lower-class series and events.
- Fixed issues related to loss of progression or saved data.
- Fixed a number of visual scene transitions
- Fixed a bug where replaying a series with a high standing didn’t replace the series trophy with the improved trophy.
- Fixed issue with the 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS Sport Roll Cage visual upgrade option, which removes the roof of the car when viewed in first person.
- Fixed tuning stat comparison indicators within the car upgrades menu.
- Fixed issue that prevented the Thrustmaster T248 LED screen from displaying race position information.
The new update is slated to go live on November 14, 2023, and Turn10 will share the complete patch notes once it goes live. The developer is also promising additional updates in the future which will further improve the game in various aspects. Playground Games has also detailed the next Series Update American Automotive for Forza Horizon 5 which we have detailed in another article.
Are you looking forward to playing Forza Motorsport after its new November 2023 update arrives later this month? Let us know in the comments section below.