Publisher ININ Games and developer YS NET have revealed tons of new details from their upcoming rail shooter Air Twister. Air Twister is a brand-new rail shooter developed by the video game legend Yu Suzuki who is known for titles like Virtua Fighter 4, Out Run, Hang One, Afterburner, and Shenmue. The developer has revealed extra modes, mini-games, and an adventure map that will be present in Air Twister when it launches November 10, 2023, on PC via Steam and all consoles.
You can check out the latest trailer for the game below before we jump into additional details:
In Air Twister, you will collect stars and once enough stars are collected, you will be able to unlock a brand-new game mode. There are six extra modes that you can unlock in the game and try out a different perspective on the game. Apart from stars, you can also collect tickets from daily or weekly events which will also allow you to unlock these bonus game modes. The six extra game modes are:
- Stardust – Can you defeat the incoming waves of enemies within the time limit? The faster you shoot them down, the faster they appear. Vanquish the outpour of enemies, one by one!
- Arcade Mode – This mode puts you in a no-holds-barred old-school arcade experience with no useful items, a high default difficulty setting, and quick bursts of intense shooting action. In this hardcore version of Air Twister, beat the game with one life and one life only. Starting Hearts change with difficulty level.
- Fluffy – In this silly topsy-turvy mode, your perspective changes from a 3D view to a classic 2D side scroller! Give it your all to not touch any enemies or obstacles while zipping through the levels on your loyal winged elephant. Choose between two submodes! Get rich or die trying in Score Attack Fluffy, or grab as many stars as you can in Get Stars Fluffy while soaring like fluff in the wind!
- Boss Rush – “Boss Rush” delivers a high dose of adrenaline as you will face every single one of the game’s ten boss monsters in quick succession. The faster you take them down, the higher your ranking in the high-score table!
- Turbo Mode – Double the speed. Double the challenge! Turbo Mode is a high-difficulty mode with everything at 2x speed. Ditch the dumb luck and use pure skill to streak through the stages and vanquish incoming enemies to become the Turbo Queen.
- Tap Breaker – A simple minigame in which you must break cubes by tapping them numerically. The faster you do it, the higher your score. Sounds simple enough, right? But how focused can you be when the ever-increasing number of cubes start spinning around in different directions?
- Extra Stage – Dash through a seemingly never-ending mysterious tunnel and defeat the oncoming raids of enemies! This stage is twice as long as normal stages, so let your rail shooter skills shine and try to reach the end of the tunnel safely.
The new Adventure Map will have you destroying a full formation of enemies where you will complete daily and weekly events or dedicate playtime to get Fluffy Stars. These stars are the game’s primary currency and you will use them to unlock new items on the Adventure Map. This map also displays all potential extras and unlockables from weapons to outfits to lore and a lot more so you will spend a lot of time here collecting collectibles and learning lore about the game’s world.
Key features of Air Twister include:
- 12 artfully crafted stages with unique and new experiences each time you play. Embark on a fantastic journey, resembling that of Alice down the rabbit hole.
- Over 20 Vanguard creatures and 10 unique bosses to challenge your skills and simple controls for a fun and easy play experience.
- An epic soundtrack by Valensia, a Dutch music composer known for over three decades for keeping the musical rock and opera heritage of Queen’s greatest hits alive.
- High replayability by unlocking Challenge Games in the Adventure Map with different modes like Arcade, Turbo, Boss Rush, and more!
- Many fantastic Minigames with surprising elements.
Air Twister is slated for release on November 10, 2023, digitally on Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation. A physical version of the game is also in the pipeline and will be available for PS4 and PS5 via Amazon.
What are your thoughts on Air Twister and is it something that you would be interested in playing when it comes out? Let us know in the comments section below.