Firaxis Games has recently announced a DLC coming for XCOM 2 coming this week. The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen-Tactical Legacy Pack is coming for the Pc players exclusively. The new DLC will tell the story of the events that happened between XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2. The DLC Pack will contain a new game, maps, weapons, game modes, armor and Photobooth options.
The Tactical Legacy Pack DLC requires ownership of both the base game XCOM 2, as well as the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion. The DLC will be free on PC for all owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen until 12:59pm ET on December 3, 2018. After this point in time, the DLC will go on sale for $7.99. The Tactical Legacy Pack will also be added to the XCOM 2 Collection, though this will have no effect on the price of the XCOM 2 Collection.
The announcement also came with a video preview that featured the creative director of XCOM, Jake Solomon.
We wanted to do something special for all the amazing fans who have supported the XCOM series so faithfully. The team and I looked back into the entire series, from the original game XCOM: UFO Defense to XCOM: Enemy Within to find inspiration to find new story and game modes.
The new game mode coming in the DLC is called Legacy Ops are stand alone missions that are going to bridge the gap between the XCOM and XCOM 2. The game modes included are mentioned below:
- Legacy Ops – Command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions:
- Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2:
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM’s most renowned operatives.
What do you think of the new Tactical Legacy Pack? Let us know in the comments below.