Counter strike: Global Offensive is now available for free. It was announced in the latest update by Valve Corporation that the free version will have an offline play mode only that you can play with bots.
The free version of CS:GO is available for Linux, PC and Mac. You can get the game for the pc versio on Steam. IF you want to buy the Full version of the game, it can be purchased on Steam as well and is priced at $14.99.
Valve explains via Steam what the full priced version will get you in the update: “access to online content and features, including multiplayer gameplay, official matchmaking, in-game inventories, skill groups, XP, ranks, and other online features.”
In addition, the latest update also added Panorama user interface which is the game’s default view. Valve also noted that it has tweaked the UI to better support low end machines running the game. CS:GO has bid farewall to the Scaleform UI, as the “legacyscaleformui” command line option is no longer supported, Valve concluded.
You can read the patch notes of the update for full details below.
- Added tournament items for the FACEIT 2018 London CS:GO Major Championship and the London 2018 Pick’Em Challenge.
- Later today, CS:GO will be freely available for offline play and GOTV viewing by installing “CS:GO – Free” from the Steam Store.
- Added better support for Panorama UI on low-end machines.
- Added support for weapon stickers and character gloves on the character featured in the main menu.
- Fixed a case where weapon finishes appeared overly dark.
- Adjusted optimal movie resolution based on user’s CPU and GPU levels.
- Fixed extra bright flashlight on characters when loading non-HDR community maps.
- Darkened exposed metal on ejection port and bolt.
- Added support for MP5-SD to workshop workbench.
– fixed texture blends in T-spawn area.
- CS:GO has bid farewell to the Scaleform UI. “-legacyscaleformui” is no longer supported.
- Updated the Settings menu to display the Steam Controller Configurator if a Steam Controller is detected.
- Added a new recommended Steam Controller config to better support the Buy menu and Team Select menu.
- Miscellaneous stability and security improvements.
Are you going to play the free version of the iconic game Counter Strike: Global Offensive? let us know in the comments section below