The release for the upcoming Nintendo Switch games; Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu & Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee is getting closer by the day. With additional news being given out that the Pokémon: Let’s Go Games will not have Pro Controller support on.
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is a fantastic controller, providing the similar feel of an Xbox Controller, being reliable and given our more battery life. However, there has been an increasing amount of games that do not come with the Pro Controller support, mostly because of how reliant they are on the portability of the Nintendo Switch.
Recently, games like Super Mario party and The World Ends With You are both game that released without Pro Controller Support. Now with the addition of Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu & Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee, it seems that will be the case for both these games. The Eshop pages for the game on the Nintendo Switch do not list the Pro controller among the controllers that are supported.
In defense of Super Mario Party, there is an arguable logical decision as the majority of the mini-games required exaggerated movements with the Joy-Con. In this particular case though, it is hard to understand why traditional controller support would be left out.
It seems that Nintendo is really pushing the optional Poke Ball peripheral for the Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu & Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee games and emphasized the ability to throw the Poke Balls with the Joy-Con controller.
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Launches for the Nintendo Switch on November 16, 2018 for $59.99. Here is the official game description and features from Nintendo:
Use a throwing motion to catch Pokémon in the wild with either one Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. Share your adventure with family or friends in 2-player action using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon™ GO app* using a compatible Smartphone to bring over Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region!
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – Features
- Become a top Pokémon Trainer on an adventure with Eevee!
- Encounter Pokémon™ in the Kanto region
- Play the entire game with a single Joy-Con™ controller or use the Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life
- Take your Pokémon for a stroll in your Poké Ball™ Plus
- Play a Pokémon adventure together cooperatively anytime, anywhere on one system by using another Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory (sold separately) to catch and battle alongside another player!
- Use Poké Ball™ Plus to connect with the Pokémon™ GO* app on compatible smartphones to catch Kanto region Pokémon
- Connect Poké Ball™ Plus to the Pokémon™ GO* app to catch Pokémon in the real world and gather items from Poké Stops without viewing your smartphone screen—meanwhile, carry
- Pokémon from Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Eevee!