In recent news, Niantic and The Pokémon Company have announced via their official blog post and a teaser video that Gen 4 is coming to Pokémon Go along with many other changes. You can check out the official trailer below.
As you can see in the trailer that these are clearly Gen 4 Pokémon as we can see a Turtwig and a Chimchar and at the end of the video, another Pokémon which looks much like a Giratina. All these are Gen 4 Pokémon and since Gen 2 and Gen 3 have already been added to the game, we can expect the Gen 4 Pokémon to be making their way to the game at this point.
Niantic and The Pokémon Company have been adding new and unique content to the game ever since it was launched. This has kept the game fresh even after all these years and yet the game is about to get even bigger with the addition of Gen 4 Pokémon. During the trailer, you can hear the narrator saying
A vast new world is waking up around us, with more to explore than we could have ever imagined.
This could clearly mean that the Gen 4 Pokémon are waking up and are now being added to the game. This will give players to return to the game and people surely will as everyone would want to capture the new Gen 4 roster. This has been announced at the time when Niantic and The Pokémon Company have already announced about the special Halloween event.
Apart from these, many other general game updates have also been announced relating to Pokémon migration, behavior and their effectiveness in battle. You can check out below for the official change log coming in the new major update for the game.
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
These are all the changes that have been announced for Pokémon Go by the developers of the game. Currently no official release date has been announced for the update but it might not be far away. There might be more update changes in the final version that comes out. We will update you of any further developing story so keep checking back.
Let us know in the comments section below whether you will be jumping back in Pokémon Go to catch all the new Gen 4 Pokémon or not.