It seems that Dragon’s Dogma will not need online subscription for the Nintendo Switch, and all its DLC will come included in the game. This comes from an Amazon listing that suggest that it will indeed not need online subscription to enjoy the game’s online features.
A couple of days ago, Capcom’s Japanese online store posted various physical options for the game, however there was no indication as to whether or not the game will see a physical release in the western territories.
But this new Amazon listing proves that a western release will be arriving in April, and also including information of the online feature not require an online membership. Read the features below:
- Dynamic combat experience – Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by finding out their weaknesses.
- Tons of content – Includes all previously released extra content, DLC and the Dark Arisen expansion content. Features the highly praised combat experience and rich customization, plus a huge underground realm to explore with terrifying monsters.
- Customization options galore – Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill and magick options for each, armor that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style.
- Adapted User Interface – Revamped user interface offers improved screen visibility.
- Online Functionality – The iconic Pawn system comes to Nintendo Switch with online sharing abilities between Nintendo Accounts. (A Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required for online features).
If the game does come without needing an online subscription, this would mean that the game will come with all previously released DLC as standard, and the players can share Pawns with each other to use in-game, without subscribing to Nintendo Switch Online Service.
The game is only listed for $27.92 on the Nintendo eShop, and if it includes all DLC without needed online subscription, then it is a very appealing offer.
What do you think of the game not needed online subscription? Post your comments below.