A very strange new Pokémon has appeared in Pokémon Go today after the conclusion of a community event. This mysterious Pokémon spawned in the game that lead to a lot of confusion and speculation about what it means in The Pokémon Company’s mobile title.
Images of the new Pokemon were shared online by @Chrales, who is a well known Pokémon Go dataminer. According to Chrales, the Pokémon is listed as kecleoon in the game’s file and has a number tag of 891. This is a unusual number given that the current highest Pokedex entry is Zeraora at 807. Another thing interesting is that the new Pokémon already has standard and shiny forms.
new kecleon icons pic.twitter.com/fdI2znMJRB
— Chrales (@Chrales) September 21, 2018
The Pokémon’s head looks like a hexagonal nut, while its amorphous body is similar, although not identical, to Ditto. While this very well may be the final look for the Pokémon, it seems as though Niantic let something go through that wasn’t supposed to be out yet.
Many fans of the game initially thought this may be just a glitch, while other speculated that the creature may be the new species that is supposed to make its debut in Pokémon: Let’s Go for the Nintendo Switch.
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Launches for the Nintendo Switch on November 16, 2018 for $59.99. Here is the official game description and features from Nintendo:
Use a throwing motion to catch Pokémon in the wild with either one Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life. Share your adventure with family or friends in 2-player action using a second Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately). You can even connect to the Pokémon™ GO app* using a compatible Smartphone to bring over Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region!
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – Features
- Become a top Pokémon Trainer on an adventure with Eevee!
- Encounter Pokémon™ in the Kanto region
- Play the entire game with a single Joy-Con™ controller or use the Poké Ball™ Plus accessory, which will light up, vibrate, and make sounds to bring your adventure to life
- Take your Pokémon for a stroll in your Poké Ball™ Plus
- Play a Pokémon adventure together cooperatively anytime, anywhere on one system by using another Joy-Con™ controller or Poké Ball™ Plus accessory (sold separately) to catch and battle alongside another player!
- Use Poké Ball™ Plus to connect with the Pokémon™ GO* app on compatible smartphones to catch Kanto region Pokémon
- Connect Poké Ball™ Plus to the Pokémon™ GO* app to catch Pokémon in the real world and gather items from Poké Stops without viewing your smartphone screen—meanwhile, carry
- Pokémon from Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Eevee!