Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Ashborne Games have announced their brand-new survival RTS Last Train Home. Last Train Home is set in grim World War I and is inspired by the real-world events of the Czechoslovak region trapped in the chaos of civic war in the heart of Russia. In order to give players a chance to experience the game before its full release, Last Train Home is taking part in the ongoing Steam Next Fest where players can download a free demo of the game and try it out.
Check out the release date announcement trailer for Last Train Home before we jump into additional details:
In Last Train Home, you will command a troop of Czechoslovak soldiers aboard an armored train and guide them back home through the brutal civil war between Russia’s red and white armies. You will have to ensure that your unit is always prepared for anything that comes their way. As you travel through the landscape, you will realize the horrors of the war surrounding you at every turn. You will need to choose your tactics wisely and ensure the survival of your troops to ensure the completion of the mission.
Key features of Last Train Home include:
- Pick Your Battles: Deploy your squad and complete diverse objectives in a series of real-time missions where specialist combat skills, planning, and superior tactics will lead you to victory.
- Equip Your Soldiers: Level up your men by unlocking new skills and gathering better equipment – discover their stories, assign medals, and help them rise up through the ranks.
- Manage Your Crew: Direct your soldiers in their non-combat roles onboard the train. Craft items, heal your wounded, and restore morale for the arduous journey home.
- Upgrade Your Train: Unlock your armored train’s full potential by upgrading the carriages and locomotive and overseeing important maintenance work to keep it running.
- Journey Through Siberia: Stockpile and trade supplies, make new allies, and overcome crisis after crisis as civil war rages across the vast snowfields of Siberia.
- Based On Historical Events: The Last Train Home, is a compelling narrative that portrays the experiences of the Czechoslovak Legion and their valiant fight on behalf of the Entente powers during World War I.
Last Train Home is slated for release on PC via Steam on November 28, 2023, and you can download and try the free demo of the game until Steam Next Fest remains live. If this game interests you, you can head over to its Steam page and add it to your wishlist right now as well.
What are your thoughts on Last Train Home and is it something that you might be interested in playing when it launches next month? Let us know in the comments section below.