Japanese publisher GameTomo has announced that Project Nimbus: Complete Edition is now available on Nintendo Switch worldwide. It can be purchased by heading to the Nintendo Switch eShop. Project Nimbus features high-flying mecha action inspired by classic mecha titles such as Macross and Gundam. It also takes its inspiration from the Ace Combat franchise.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game comes with features and content that has been never been released in the western markets before. The game features pulse-pounding and high-speed combat across a wide variety of theatres of war. The game is set in futuristic earth where players will jump into powerful and blazing fast mechs and engage in thrilling combat.
There are three main factions in the game who are in a constant battle for taking control over the scarce resources of the planet. For these battles, powerful Battle Frames are used which are extremely powerful combat suits and can house a diverse array of weapons. The Nintendo Switch version comes with a brand new mode called Warfront along with an enhanced survival mode.
The new Survival mode will pit players against never-ending waves of enemies that will surely test their patience as well as their skills in the game as they battle enemy after enemy. In Warfront, players will have to survive against endless enemies and complete different objectives and missions as well at the same time.
According to the official press release, the game includes the following key features:
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war-torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns, and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-led CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Project Nimbus: Complete Edition is now out on Nintendo Switch for $19.99. Players who purchase the game in the first week can also get a special 10% discount on the purchase to celebrate the launch of the title on Nintendo Switch.