Playground Games has revealed the latest Series Update for Forza Horizon 5 called American Automotive which will be released later this week. The Series Update is also arriving with an update patch which is going live in the game later today. The American Automotive will allow players to experience the golden era of powerful muscle cars that came out of America. There are no restrictions on fuel consumption for the next few weeks in Forza Horizon 5 because you will be burning up plenty in some of the most iconic and powerful vehicles to ever come out of America.
American Automotive is adding eight brand-new biggest and the meanest machines to the game which can be unlocked over the course of the next four weeks. Apart from the free cars, a new Car Pack is also launching for the game which will add four more American hot rods, pick-ups, and racers. Apart from this, the Oval track is making a comeback and we will be getting four brand-new Road Racing routes. A giant new inflatable football is coming to the EventLab which can be used as a prop along with a new collectible.
Probably the most interesting addition to Forza Horizon 5, American Automotive is adding four brand-new Road Races to the game. These races will take you across mountains, jungles, valleys, and even into the sea. These include
- Vista del Mar Sprint (4.2 mi) will have you driving through the jungle and glancing at the sea views before wrapping up the tour at Los Jardines.
- In the Aeródromo Sprint (3.9 mi), you will visit Aeródromo en La Selva and make your way towards Mulegé, only to make a detour and finish the course towards Atlantes De Tula.
- The magnificent view of Gran Puente will be the backdrop for Marigold Sprint (3.9 mi) before you switch to the gorgeous fields of La Cordillera in this race.
- Drive by the seaside and head towards Club de Ópalo de Fuego, then close Línea Costera Sprint (5.0 mi) at the base of La Gran Caldera.
Each of these four routes comes with its own Accolades as well. Apart from normal races, each of the routes is also available in Rivals Mode and Horizon Open. Long-term players will be glad to know that the Oval Track is also making a comeback and you will be able to race on it in FreeRoam during the next four weeks.
Fans of car customization will be happy to see 20 brand-new HRE rims coming to Forza Horizon 5. These include:
- R101 Lightweight
- Recoil with Ring
Apart from the rims, three brand-new wide-body kits are also coming to Forza Horizon 5 including:
- 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM GTA
- 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Accolade hunters will find 13 new Accolades to unlock in the game spanning both offline and online aspects of Forza Horizon 5. These are:
|Accolade||How to Achieve||Points|
|Vista del Mar Rookie||Complete Vista del Mar Sprint||750|
|Vista del Mar Pro||Win Vista del Mar Sprint||250|
|Marigold Sprint Rookie||Complete Marigold Sprint||750|
|Marigold Sprint Pro||Win Marigold Sprint||250|
|Aeródromo Sprint Rookie||Complete Aeródromo Sprint||750|
|Aeródromo Sprint Pro||Win Aeródromo Sprint||250|
|Línea Costera Sprint Rookie||Complete Línea Costera Sprint||750|
|Línea Costera Sprint Pro||Win Línea Costera Sprint||250|
|Online (Rivals Tab)|
|Vista del Mar Sprint Clean Time||Post a clean time on the Vista del Mar Sprint Rivals leaderboard||500|
|Marigold Sprint Clean Time||Post a clean time on the Marigold Sprint Rivals leaderboard||500|
|Aeródromo Sprint Clean Time||Post a clean time on the Aeródromo Sprint Rivals leaderboard||500|
|Línea Costera Sprint Clean Time||Post a clean time on the Línea Costera Sprint Rivals leaderboard||500|
|Horizon Oval Circuit Clean Time||Post a clean time on the Horizon Oval Circuit Rivals leaderboard||500|
With Playground Games releasing a new Car Pack with the previous two Series Updates, it is continuing the tradition by announcing a new Car Pack to arrive with today’s update as well. Called the American Automotive Car Pack, the new DLC pack adds four brand-new vehicles to Forza Horizon 5. The new cars in this pack include:
- 2017 Saleen S7 LM
- 1961 DeBerti Ford Econoline ‘Shop Rod’
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado LT Trail Boss
- 2024 Czinger 21C
Finally, no new Series Update is complete without brand-new cars and this one is no different. We are getting eight brand-new vehicles in the Festival Playlist. You will be able to unlock all eight of these new cars without paying anything in the upcoming weeks. These include:
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Earn 20 PTS during Week 1 “Summer” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 9 until November 16
- 1964 Plymouth Belvedere – Earn 40 PTS during Week 1 “Summer” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 9 until November 16
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport – Earn 20 PTS during Week 2 “Autumn” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 16 until November 23
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird – Earn 40 PTS during Week 2 “Autumn” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 16 until November 23
- 2023 Lucid Air Sapphire – Earn 20 PTS during Week 3 “Winter” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 23 until November 30
- 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge – Earn 40 PTS during Week 3 “Winter” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 23 until November 30
- 1962 Lincoln Continental – Earn 20 PTS during Week 4 “Spring” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 30 until December 7
- 2010 Rossion Q1 – Earn 40 PTS during Week 4 “Spring” Season on the American Automotive Festival Playlist. Available from November 30 until December 7
Apart from adding new content, a free update is arriving today in Forza Horizon 5 which will fix some issues of the game. These include:
- Solved an issue that caused the camera to shake in EventLab Route Creation
- X button to Delete Prefab has been added to the UI
- Fixed an issue in which Eliminator sessions would crash if you went to EventLab Island after creating them
- Fixed issues with the 1996 BMW 850 CSi’s interior speedometer and roll cage
- Fixed the issue in which the 2010 Nissan Tsuru’s doors and boot would not close in ForzaVista
- Fixed cosmetic issues on the 2022 Porsche Cayman GT4RS
- Logo on the 2021 BMW’s rims will no longer increase in size when accelerating
Increasing the accessibility options, the new update will add BSL (British Sign Language) and ASL (American Sign Language) to the Donut Media and Icons of Speeds Horizon Story chapters. With the addition of these two new Horizon Stories, now all of the Horizon Stories and their chapters have BSL and ASL enabled. Playground Games has officially announced microtransactions for Forza Horizon 5 as well as the launch of the new Autoshow Car Vouchers.
With these vouchers purchased with real money, players can exchange them in the Autoshow for in-game cars that they have not yet purchased. While it is not hard to get new vehicles in Forza Horizon 5, it is now even easier for players to just spend real money on these vouchers and purchase some cars that they like in the game without any sort of grind. The store will offer different bundles of Autoshow Car Vouchers such as:
|PRICE (IN USD)||Number of Vouchers Included in Bundle:|
Apart from Forza Horizon 5, Turn10 Studios also revealed details on the upcoming Forza Motorsport November Update which we have detailed in another article.
Are you looking forward to playing Forza Horizon 5 when the new Series Update American Automotive arrives later this week? Let us know in the comments section below.