Fortnite newest Update brings Heavy Sniper Rifle in its most popular Battle Royale mode. Here are all the Fortnite Update 5.21 Details that we are going to share with you. The update also brings in new gameplay modes and a few minor bug fixes into the game. The update is ready to download for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Mac and PC.
Fortnite Battle Royale is a free-to-play 100 player mode in Fortnite. The game has one large map where 100 random players drop in; collect resources, build forts, and fight to be the last man standing. Fortnite is currently in the middle of the fifth season and Epic has been adding a lot of items and new challenges to keep the game interesting and engaging.
Fortnite Update 5.21 Details
We have detailed everything that you need to know about Fortnite Update 5.21. You will also find the Patch Notes that Epic has released with the Update.
Heavy Sniper Rifle
The much awaited Heavy Sniper Rifle has finally been added into the game after many speculations that a heavy sniper rifle would be added sometime into the future. Well now the time has come to inflict devastating damage to not only opponents, but also building structures. Interestingly, Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed from Fortnite Battle Royale to make space for the Heavy Sniper Rifle.
The Heavy Sniper Rifle comes in two rarities, Epic and Legendary. While the damages it deals are 157 points to body shots and a whopping 392 points to headshots. Currently, the heavy sniper rifle is the most powerful weapon in the game with its addition. For a detailed guide on everything you need to know about the Heavy Sniper Rifle, check out our Heavy Sniper Rifle Guide.
Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50’S
This is a new mode added into Fortnite Battle Royale that is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring extra emphasis on mobility. When falling from any large height players will have the option to re-deploy their gliders any time. Additionally, more Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads and Launch Pads will be spawning throughout the map.
Below are all details that Epic has released with LTM: Soaring 50’S:
• 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
• When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
• Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
• Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
• Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
• Increased Launch Pad and Bounce Pad spawn chances
• Profile Stats (Kill/Death & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
This is a re-occurring game mode that has been periodically many times in the previous seasons of Fortnite Battle Royale. In this mode, players are only given Sniper Rifles to battle each other.
Below are all details that Epic has released with LTM: Sniper Shootout
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
ART + ANIMATION
Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.
Save The World
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge – Bullet Proof Husks
- Features bulletproof enemies that must be defeated with melee weapons, traps, or Hero abilities.
- One time completion Quest Reward
- 1500 Gold
- Repeatable quest reward
- 75 Tickets
- Removed the Power Rating restrictions on Challenge the Horde missions.
- These restrictions were blocking some players from accessing the Weekly Challenge Missions even though their Power Level was at the necessary level.
- Fixed an issue where the modifier between Challenge the Horde missions wasn’t appearing between waves.
- The Constructor Leadership quest will no longer fail to advance when purchasing the skill tree node.
- Atlas activation has been fixed in multi-gate Fight the Storm missions.
- Track completion now advances the mission properly in Level 28 Deliver the Bomb.
- Survivors and quest items no longer appear as orange boxes in the world.
- New Constructor Machinist: Thora added to the Event Store.
Fixed an issue that could cause Rocket Launchers to take up a large portion of the screen.
Epic’s Official Patch Notes for Update 5.21 of Fortnite can be found over on their website.
If you wish to add anything to this article, please feel free to write your opinion in the comments section below.