Fortnite season 7 is on track and people seem to be enjoying it so far. If you are playing the game and are using AMD hardware when you should upgrade to the new Radeon Adrenaline 19.1.1 software as it provides better performance in-game as compared to the previous version.
Radeon Adrenalin 19.1.1 increases the performance of the AMD RX 580 by 4% in Fortnite season 7 at 1080p and increases the performance of the AMD Vega 64 by 3% percent. This might not seem like much but if you are running the game at higher FPS then this could make all the difference in the world.
Radeon Adrenalin 19.1.1 also fixes some issues that people faced when playing Fortnite and they are as follows:
- Virtual Super Resolution may not show up as available on some 1440p Ultra-Wide Displays.
- Some Radeon RX Series graphics products may experience system lag when Alt+Tab is used during gameplay.
- Radeon Settings Advisor may incorrectly suggest older versions of Radeon Software as an update.
- Radeon Settings software update notifications may appear more often than expected.
- Application profile settings for Radeon WattMan may not reset to default correctly when using the reset button.
- Radeon Settings may experience a crash when clicking the restart button after a driver installation or while switching between some Radeon WattMan tabs when changing fan settings.
As is the case with driver updates, there are some known issues that you can check out from the official site. AMD just announced the AMD Radeon VII at CES 2019 and it seems to offer performance similar to the RTX 2080 but the price is similar as well.
This is not all, AMD has confirmed that there will be more cards coming out later this year so we could get graphics cards based on AMD Navi architecture in 2019. This has been confirmed by AMD CEO Lisa Su and CTO Mark Papermaster.