FIBRUM has announced that their upcoming immersive multiplayer VR sci-fi shooter Space Ops VR is launching through Steam in May. The game will feature a wide variety of virtual reality devices including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality headsets. FIBRUM is known for their work on VR projects and their latest work looks amazing.
In Space Ops VR, players will be sent forward to the year 2301 where humanity has taken to deep space in the search for valuable resources to solve Earth’s energy crisis. To handle such vast and diverse space, Space Ops were formed who are the best and the most elite cadre of first-responders who are ready at any time to take on any task or risk the galaxy has to throw at them.
Players jump in the shoes of an enlistee and they must get familiarized with the arsenal and tactics of the Space Ops quickly. The game will offer a diverse array of specialist weaponry as well as unique tactical teleport tool that will help them to evade their enemies quickly. The combat exercises are rigorous and packed with tough alien enemies that will put their skills to the test.
Check out the teaser trailer for Space Ops VR below.
Players will have the option to complete these courses solo, cooperatively or race head-to-head with other players to get the highest score and lead the global leaderboards. DEVCUBE STUDIO CEO, Pidlisnyy Yevgeniy says:
We are very proud to present Space Ops VR to the virtual reality gaming community. We want players to experience a new kind of intense combat on VR platforms that can be enjoyed as a multiplayer cooperative challenge and a hardcore competitive game, complete with ranked matchmaking.
Some other Space Ops VR features include:
- Extended PvP mechanics: 1v1 duels or 2v2 team battles
- Advanced skill-based matchmaking
- Highly competitive PvE modes, including SKIRMISH and TRIALS
- Basic training and SANDBOX mode for the beginners
- Unique futuristic weapons, with different damage types such as Kinetic, Beam, and Plasma.
- Tons of grenades and gadgets to send your foes flying and make the enemies wet themselves
- Customizable characters
- Unique teleportation system to help you save your soul – or doom you – depending on the decisions you make
Space Ops VR is coming out on Steam in May 2019.