In this Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee Candy Guide, we will show you what types of Candy there are in the game and how you can use them on your pokemon.
Candy can be used to increase all of a Pokemon’s stats and can be gained when you catch pokemons. The candy collected is stored in your Candy Jar that is in your bag.
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee Candy Guide
Below we will first detail the types of Candy that can be found, followed by how you can use the Candy to help boost your Pokémon stats.
There are 3 types of Candy types that are different from each other providing different benefits with them:
- Stats Candy: This Candy can increase a single stat of a Pokémon, and you get these in return by catching and sending Pokémon to Professor Oak.
- Species Specific Candy: You will notice that these Candy come with the name after a certain Pokémon that they are designed for. When used, they increase all stats by +1, and can be found by combo catching a Pokémon and are generally dropped a lot.
- Rare Candy: This rare Candy is special because when used, it can raise a Pokémon’s level by one. And because they are so rare, they are hard to find and are hidden throughout Kanto.
How to Get Candy
The best and the easiest way to collect Candy is by catching more Pokémon. These can be earned when you catch and send them to Professor Oak who in return will give you Candy.
Combo will award you with more Candy than catching a random Pokémon. Combo is when each time you consecutively capture the same species of Pokémon, a combo counter will appear and show you the chain of those Pokémon caught.
Lastly, Professor Oak rewards you with bonus Candy if you send many of the same species of Pokémon, which is why we emphasize on capturing the same Pokémon with combos.
Use Candy for Stats
Candy can significantly increase the strength of your Pokémon if you have a lot of them to use on your Pokémon. This means that the more you grind in getting more Candy, you can potentially increase a lower level Pokémon’s stats so much that it can take a Pokémon dozens of levels its senior.
Here are some examples of the candy types:
- Smart Candy
This candy increase a Pokémon’s Special Attack stat by 1, and can be used on Magnemite, Oddish
- Courage Candy
This candy increase a Pokémon’s Special Defense stat by 1, and can be used on Drowzee, Oddish
- Tough Candy
This candy increase a Pokémon’s Defense stat by 1, and can be used on Graveler
- Mighty Candy
This candy increase a Pokémon’s Attack stat by 1, and can be used on Growlithe
- Health Candy
This candy increase a Pokémon’s Hp stat by 1, and used on Caterpie, Jigglypuff
Stats Candy also come in 3 sizes:
- Regular Candy: This type of Candy can be given to any level Pokémon that you want to use on. However, the number of candy required to increase a stat changes based on a Pokémon’s level and its stat.
- L Candy: This candy is to be used for Pokémon that are Level 30 or above.
- XL Candy: This candy is to be used for Pokémon that are Level 60 or above.
This concludes our Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee Candy Guide. Feel free to comment below.