In this NBA 2K19 Defence Controls Guide, we will guide you on the basic and some advanced controls on how you can defend in NBA 2K19. Defense is equally important as offense and it is vital that you learn its controls as well along with offense. With the controls learnt, you will be easily able to opt to different defense strategies to cope with the arising scenarios in the match.
Our NBA 2K19 Defence Controls Guide lists all the controls that you need to know for various defense tactics and how you can perform them. NBA 2K19 is just around the corner but you can try out the game right now by downloading the free NBA 2K19 Prelude. Try it out and start getting up to the mechanics of the game until the full version is out.
NBA 2K19 Defense Controls – Detailed Guide
Our NBA 2K19 Defence Controls Guide details all defense controls that are present in NBA 2K19 and how you can perform some advanced defense moves in NBA 2K19.
We have categorized the defense moves so that you can easily figure out about where you should be using these moves and why.
Basic Defense Controls
This section of the guide lists all the basic defense controls of NBA 2K19.
- Player Change – Press X to switch to the defender closest to the ball.
- Intense D – Hold left trigger to get into a low defensive stance.
- Block – Press Triangle to block when near the shooter.
- Steal – Press Square when near the dribbler or when in the passing lane.
- Crowd Dribbler – Press and hold left trigger and move the left analog stick towards the dribbler.
- Fast Shuffle – Hold down both left and right trigger and move the left analog stick in any direction.
- Vertical Contest – Hold the left analog stick away from the shooter and press Triangle.
- Swat Block – Hold the right trigger and press Triangle.
- Take Charge – Press and hold O.
- Flop – Double tap O.
- Hands Up – Move while holding the right analog stick up.
- Hands Out – Move while holding the right analog stick to the left or the right.
- Shot Contest – Move the right analog stick up and quickly release.
- Onball Steal – Move the right analog stick down and quickly release.
- Chuck – Tap O when near the ball handler.
- Post Pull Chair – When being backed down, move the left analog stick away from the post ball handler and quickly release.
- Icon Swap – Press the right bumper followed by the icon of the desired player.
Advanced Defense Controls
This section of the guide lists all the advanced defense controls and moves that you can perform in NBA 2K19.
- Call 2-3 Zone – Swipe down on the middle button.
- Call 3-2 Zone – Swipe right on the middle button.
- Call Man to Man – Swipe up on the middle button.
- Intentional Foul – Press and hold Square when near the player holding the ball.
- Double Team – Press and hold the left bumper.
- Icon Double Team – Press the left bumper, then press the respective player icon.
- Team Intentional Foul – Press the middle button to have the entire team attempt to foul the player holding the ball.
Off Ball Defense Controls
This section of the guide lists all the off-ball defense controls found in NBA 2K19.
- Box Out Opponent – After the ball has been shot, hold left trigger near an opponent to box him out.
- Rebound – Press Triangle after the ball hits the rim.
- Deny Engage – If outside the perimeter, hold left trigger while near an opponent.
- Off-Ball Foul – Hold both right trigger and O when near an off-ball opponent.
- Post-Up Engage – Hold left trigger when near an opponent, while on the inside and near the basket.
- Dive for Loose Ball – Continuously press Square or Triangle while chasing down a loose ball.
- Bump – Hold left trigger while blocking the path of a player.
- Chuck – While standing, tap O and move the left analog stick towards the offensive player.
- Grab – While running tap O and move the left analog stick towards the offensive player.
- Deny Hands Out – Move and hold the right analog stick in any direction when near an opponent.
This concludes our NBA 2K19 Defence Controls Guide. If you want to add anything to this guide, feel free to use the comments section below.