Publisher and developer Hyperstrange has released the latest trailer for its upcoming wild west thriller Blood West which will leave early access at the end of this year. Revealed at the Guerilla Collective Showcase 2023, the latest trailer for Blood West gives us a release window of a full 1.0 release in December 2023. Blood West is a stealth horror FPS set in a gritty and unforgiving world and the latest trailer showcases the brutality of the world. Check it out below before we jump into additional details:
The full release of Blood West promises updates and finishing touches to the visuals and gameplay of the first two chapters of the game, and it will also include the third and final chapter of the main story. The early access version currently available on Steam only has two chapters and it will remain like this until its full release. The last two chapters are exclusive to the full release of the title. The 1.0 release of the game is currently announced for December 2023 and if there are any changes to the plans or the content featured in it, it will be revealed in the upcoming weeks and months leading up to its full release.
In Blood West, you will step into the shoes of a lone gunslinger who has been brought back to life by powerful spirits. In this dark and gripping adventure set against the backdrop of the Wild West, you will navigate treacherous landscapes, confront formidable adversaries, and build an arsenal in order to survive in the game. You will face twisted demons and eldritch horrors as you try to end the curse that has fallen upon the frontier. Apart from using your trusty weapons, you will also need a good balance between cunning and stealth in order to survive.
You will be required to master the art of silent strike, as you will silently strike stalking enemies through moonlit landscapes, carefully selecting targets and defeating enemies without so much as a whisper. Apart from stealth kills, you will also need to adapt your strategies, explore alternate approaches and think on your feet to overcome all the threats coming your way. The game is promising to deliver an unforgettable gaming experience with its intense combat, gripping storyline, and stunning visuals.
Key features of Blood West include:
- Challenging FPS combat: Thrilling gunfights and heart-stopping battles against ruthless outlaws, rival gunslingers, and supernatural creatures. Players must master a variety of weapons and skills to overcome enemies.
- Stealth mechanics awarding caution: A true gunslinger knows that the element of surprise is priceless. The quietest hunters are often the deadliest, and the ability to successfully eliminate foes swiftly and silently is necessary for survival.
- Trait-based character progression: As players progress through the game, they collect skill points and gather artifacts that can be used to unlock new strengths and abilities to benefit their character. But, in the cursed world of Blood West, negative traits play a role as well. Each time the player dies, negative traits are accumulated and require action to reverse or negate the newly acquired negative traits.
- Unusual and exciting enemies: Enemies are not only a physical threat, but present players with a challenge to think creatively. Whether it’s figuring out how to deal with bugmen who scurry away to alert all nearby enemies, finding the right ammo to harm ghosts, or learning the vulnerabilities of undead alligators – the challenge of each enemy makes each confrontation an intense and memorable experience.
- Non-linear immersive gameplay: The ability to carve a unique path through the Wild West, and choose which quest to pursue next, provides players with an unforgettable, captivating, and empowering experience.
Blood West is currently available in Steam Early Access and if you are interested, you can jump in the game right away. If you want to wait until its full release, you can add Blood West to your wishlist now and stay updated on all upcoming updates and news.
What are your thoughts on Blood West, and will you be interested in playing it when it launches out of Early Access later this year? Let us know in the comments section below.