Polyphony Digital has released a new update 1.36 for GT Sport which comes as a surprise and it brings new cars, a brand new DRS/KERS system and more to the game. This is the first time that Polyphony Digital has released a second content update for GT Sport in the same month. Earlier this month we received an update which adds the new Supra as well as other cars, a brand new track, and events to the title.
The new update does not bring any new track however it adds a brand new manual KERS/DRS system to the game as well as some new events. The main show stopper in the new update is the Dallara SF19 Super Formula which comes with both Toyota and Honda versions. Each version features a different engine sound.
It also comes with a manually-activated overtaking system which gives the car a temporary boost in horsepower as it increases the fuel flow rate and allows the car to overtake the vehicle ahead. This features can also be used by any other vehicle in the game which has DRS/KERS in real life. To activate these features, the same overtake button is used.
The complete list of new content added in the content can be found below.
Five new cars have been added to GT Sport in the new update. Along with new cars, some of the older cars already in the game now have KERS and DRS support. We will also list them below for you.
New Cars Added
These are brand new cars added to GT Sport in the new update.
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 ’61 (N300)
- Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ’88 (N500)
- Lancia Stratos ’73 (N200)
- Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda ’19 (Gr. X)
- Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota ’19 (Gr. X)
Cars with KERS
These vehicles were already present in the game but they now have KERS and the feature can be activated anytime by pressing the overtake button.
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
- Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
- INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
- LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”
- NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
- Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
Cars with DRS
These cars were already added to the game but they now have DRS support.
- McLaren P1 GTR
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ (Color Variation) 2017
New Campaign Events
The new update adds Autopolis to the Circuit Experience and some brand new events for you to try out. The complete list of new events is detailed below.
- Amateur League: “Super Formula Championships”
- FF Challenge” Rounds 6 and 7
- MINI Challenge” Rounds 4 and 5
- Nostalgic Car Festival” Rounds 4 and 5
- La Festa Cavallino” Rounds 6 and 7
- Lamborghini Cup” Rounds 6 and 7
- Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series” Round 5
New Scape Locations
The new update also adds a brand new Scapes location ‘Cherry Blossoms – Heralds of spring’ in the special featured section.
You can check out the complete patch notes of the release by heading to the official website.
Which vehicle are you going to try first from the new update? Let us know in the comments section below.