Aksys Games and Dreamloop Games have announced that their side scroller shoot ‘em up game Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax is coming to Nintendo Switch on November 29 featuring four-player local co-op.
Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax was initially launched on PC in 2015 and later it was launched on next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One is 2016 and now after two years, the game is finally making its way to Nintendo Switch as well.
The game is a fun action packed side-scroller featuring shoot ‘em up mechanics and some little RPG elements thrown in the mix to deliver a solid shooter experience. Players will be using giant mechs and taking down aliens in their hives or open space. The game features some very distinctive levels which are sure to keep the players glued to the screen for more.
The game features a single player campaign with 10 unique levels, a gauntlet mode that will really test the player’s skills and a challenge mode where players will be required to complete a set number of challenges in order to win the game.
Players can also tune the game settings to create their own personalized modes. Customizable options include choosing the amount of health, shield, fire rate, weapon drop rate, hitbox sizes, friendly fire and many other options to keep the challenge alive. These options can allow players to have a walk in the walk or create the absolute monster of a game.
Players will have the ability to choose between five unique characters and five unique mechs for each round. Each mech will come with its own special powers suitable for different situations. Similarly, the characters also come with their own unique strengths and bonuses. Apart from these unique abilities, players will also be able to upgrade their powers to make them even more powerful.
The campaign also features a diverse range of environments where players will engage in intense battles with the aliens. These range from deep oceans, alien hives and haunted factories located in far off corners of hyperspace were no one has stepped foot on. To tackle such might, players will have a vast array of weapons at their disposal. They will be able to choose between rail guns, pulse rifles, shotguns and much more.
All these customization options will allow the players to create their ultimate mech and character combo and dominate the space. All this action combined with a soundtrack giving the 90s feeling really makes the overall experience a top notch.
We have detailed the official Key Features as explained by Aksys Games below.
- Local co-op for up to four players.
- Five badass player characters, with their distinct special abilities and superweapons.
- A vast arsenal of primary and secondary weapons.
- An extensive and customizable list of game settings; play the way you want.
- A light touch of RPG-mechanics, just for fun.
- A 10-level campaign with a tongue-in-cheek story to tie it together.
- Endless Gauntlet-mode that gets progressively harder as you play.
- Challenge mode with five predefined challenges.
- An amazing, album-length soundtrack (downloadable content).
- A disco ball.
- A character named Gundula von Übelvamp.
- No shocking plot twists in the end, like totally.
- You can always trust bullet points.
Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax is due to come out on Nintendo Switch on November 29, 2018.