Merge Games has unveiled new gameplay details about their open-world survival title, Smalland. The company took over the development of this highly anticipated title last year, and they have just come out with new information on what to expect from this massive adventure.
The details came alongside a new trailer video that was shown at the Gamescom 2020 event. Check out the video below:
Smalland details unveil its combat, crafting, building, customization, and epic landscapes that you will be able to explore. Featuring dynamic, ever-changing environments where creatures react to each other as well as the world around them, Smalland sees players emerge into a giant overgrown world where they’re shrunk down to the size of a pebble.
The game also has changing weather, rotating seasons, and a full day/night cycle that adds unique challenges and is another massive feature of the game. This will enhance the experience of players who explore the expansive open-world environment. The video also talks about customization, detailing some of the ways players can adjust their character and skills to be uniquely them and align themselves with new creatures to gain abilities — which can protect them, or move them up the food chain.
Here are the key features of the game:
- Build, craft, research, upgrade, fortify and fight to survive in a living breathing multiplayer open world game
- Team-up with other players in PVE including cooperative Events that threaten the balance of Smalland, as well as take part in PVP focused gameplay.
- Customise and style your armour, weapons, and tools, prepare and manage your loadouts and abilities
- Dynamic day, night and Seasons which affect resources, creatures, and your rate of survival
- Ally yourself with the creatures of Smalland, gain special resources for crafting as well as access to allies and mounts
- Take charge of indigenous insects and mammals and ride them across the land or take to the skies by riding birds
- Build shelters and structures to help hide and protect you which allow you to craft your resources
What do you think of this open-world survival title called Smalland? Post your comments below.