Publisher NACON and developer Passtech Games have revealed the first six playable characters for their upcoming title Ravenswatch. Ravenswatch is a brand-new co-op roguelite game for up to four players and is inspired by famous tales and legends from all over the world. Passtech Games is known for their previous title Curse of the Dead Gods and now their new project Ravenswatch is aiming for players who dare to confront the hordes of Nightmares corrupting the world of Reverie.
Meet the first six playable characters featured in Ravenswatch in the brand-new trailer for the game below:
In Ravenswatch, the fallen heroes of old folk tales and legends unite to confront the hordes of Nightmares who are invading, destroying, and corrupting the peaceful world of Reverie. The first six characters revealed by NACON are detailed below:
- Based on the tale of Little Red Riding Hood, Scarlet made short work of the Big Bad Wolf in Ravenswatch. Like all those suffering from lycanthropy, she transforms according to the day-night cycle, and her skill set changes depending on her form. During the day, she deftly wields two daggers; while night-time brings out her brutality and thirst for blood.
- Franz is the Pied Piper of Hamelin. He uses his Nightmares-corrupted instrument to control a swarm of rats. Using his devastating melodies, he can weaken enemies from range while staying out of harm’s way.
- The famous Goth king Beowulf bonded with a baby dragon while trying to save his people from Nightmares. Armed with a heavy two-handed sword, he can summon his flying companion to boost his attacks and block the enemy hordes.
- Based on the famous Snow Queen fairytale, Nyss has lost her healing powers to Nightmares. She uses her new killing powers to glide freely around the battlefield, slow enemies and riddle them with ice spikes.
- Aladdin is the famous hero of One Thousand and One Nights. As his wife is trapped in the corrupted lamp, Aladdin takes up arms and confronts the Nightmares to lift the curse. He is an agile melee fighter who can grant a wish for wealth, life, or death to override the outcome of a fight.
- Inspired by siren legends, Melusine is infamous for having drowned many humans. Just when she falls in love with one of them, the Nightmares arrive. As she flees, she realizes she is carrying the child of her lover and vows to do anything to save her baby. Wielding a devastating magic orb that can guide her wherever she wants, Melusine fights from range and can dive into the ground to escape enemies.
Key features of Ravenswatch include:
- An exciting roguelite that can be played solo or in co-op with up to four players
- Art design inspired by Dark Comic Books and rousing music
- Procedurally generated environments and meta-progression for increased replay value
- Multiple synergies to create between the different heroes through the party system
- Upgrades and an extensive enemy bestiary
- A complete RPG experience with quests, missions, bosses, dungeons, and loot to upgrade your character and weaken the Nightmares
Ravenswatch is slated for an Early Access release on April 6, 2023, and at launch, these six heroes will be featured in the game along with the first chapter of the game. As its development continues, the game will receive ten characters and three chapters for its full release slated for 2024. Apart from PC, the full version of the game will also be released on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
What are your thoughts on the first six characters revealed for Ravenswatch? Let us know in the comments section below.