PlayerUnknown’s Battleground has got a new update with big changes implemented into the game. Update #21 comes with a lot of content and bug fixes. The contents include a new mode, weapon, vehicle, weapon attachment, and multiplayer improvements.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground or PUBG is an online multiplayer battle royale game that is developed by PUBG Corporation. The game has been the most popular battle royale game when the genre had started trending back in 2016. The game features a big map where 100 players are dropped to survive, find resources and fight to the last man standing.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground – Training Mode
A new training mode has been added into the game that allows you to practice different mechanics of the game without worrying about getting killed. The map of the training ground is a small island with abot 14 zones to try out different skills. You will be able to shoot weapons in various gun ranges and targets to practice your aim, as well as trying melee weapons, grenades and understanding the mechanics of a weapon how its bullet drop effects your target.
In addition, you have ramps and twisting roads to practice your driving skills. You can rive off road and understand how to cover yourself from enemy fire. You can also ride boats and practice parachute landings in a practice area. See a full map of the island below.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground – Weapon and Sights Addition
All the maps that are in PlayerUnknown’s Battleground are getting a new assault rifle; MK47 Mutant. This rifle takes 7.62mm ammo and holds a 20 round clip. The rifle has the option of both single shot and two round burst mode. Moreover, MK47 can have any attachment on it that usually goes on any other assault rifle in the game.
There is also a new Laser Sight, that can be fitted onto a rifle on its grip slot. This laser sight will offer greater accuracy but at the cost of giving away your position.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground – Objective System
Update #21 also brings in an objective system into the game. this system allows you to get rewards for completing certain specified tasks during matches. Tasks like reviving teammates for a required number of times complete one task for a reward. The rewards look like Experience Points but can be subject to change with skins or item rewards in the future.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground – Bug fixes
- UI/UX #02: Fixed the issue where, after connecting the XBOX controller to the PC, the drop-down menu would not appear to select the reason for reporting on the results screen.
- CHARACTER POSITION #01: Fixed the issue where the position of the character who boarded a car is fixed at a very strange spot
- CHARACTER POSITION #02: Fixed the issue of the character being shown in a different location.
- CLONING: Fixed the issue when a character is moving by vehicle, the character is created in a unspecific location
- WEAPON RENDERING #01: Fixed the issue where the weapon is shown in a different position than where the character is holding it
- WEAPON RENDERING #02: Fixed issue where the weapon of the person being spectated is not rendered, causing a problem when this weapon goes into ADS mode.
- CAMERA #02: Fixed the issue where the camera zooms in when approaching a corpse while lying down
- CAMERA #03: Fixed the issue where the camera temporarily zooms in and out when approaching a window with glass and throwing a throwable.
- SANHOK FIX #04: Fixed the issue where, on the Sanhok map, the character occasionally falls from the sky when situated at the very end of the sea.
- BLUEZONE UI: Fixed the issue where the Bluezone timer UI occasionally decreased by 2 seconds
- UNDERWATER ANIMATION: Fixed the issue where the character is shown choppy from top to bottom when underwater and unable to move to dry land because of the terrain.
- UAZ DAMAGE TAKEN: Fixed the issue where you sometimes received more damage comparatively to other vehicles when driving a UAZ and colliding with a landmark.
You can read the full Patch notes of Update #21 over at Steam.
What do you think of the new Training Mode in PUBG? Let us know in the comments below.