Ooblets by Glumberland is a cute adventure indie RPG game that is expected to be released later this year. The game is inspired by Pokémon, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing and developed by Glumberland. A trailer for the game was shown in E3 this year for PC and Xbox One.
The trailer shows more of the land called Oob that you will be able to help build and explore with your ooblet friends. The trailer also showed a brief look at the gardening mechanics for growing more ooblets that can be your friends, and a quick glance at the customization options you will have for your house to live in with the Ooblets.
Here are the game features of Ooblets:
- Start life in a little rundown farm that you’ll cultivate, improve, and customize
- Customize your character’s clothing, hair style, and general look
- Have dance battles with wild ooblets and fellow ooblet trainers
- Explore a variety of locations across Oob, all with their own biomes, plants, characters, and unique ooblets
- Grow new friends by planting ooblet seeds that will blossom into baby ooblets
- Join an Ooblet Club that matches your personality
- Upgrade your house with new decor, furniture, and, uh, upgrades
- Level up your ooblets and unlock new dance moves
- Collect seeds, items, furniture, machinery, badges, and friends along the way
The game is still in development, hence the unconfirmed date. But the developers have estimated a late 2018 release which is a subject to change. A recent update on the steam page states:
“We’ve tried not to make any promises, but our estimate of launching in late 2018 is looking a bit less likely these days. Our whole lives are devoted to working on the game, so please bear with us as we try to make it what it should be!”
Looks like we still have to wait and see when Ooblets comes out. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.