Playground Games has released a major update for Forza Horizon 4 which adds tons of new content to the game along with many much needed bug fixes. The new update adds a new Route Creator to the game which will allow players to create their own custom racing routes.
Announced via their official website forums, Playground Games listed all the fixes, features and new content added to the game with this new update. The most notable of these new features are the new Route Creator and the new Horizon Story added to the game.
Route Creator is a new feature which works pretty much along the same line as the Blueprint Event feature in the game but it will allow players to create custom routes of up to 40 miles from the starting location. These could be Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country events. Players will draw the route by driving their car around the map and placing checkpoints wherever they please.
This opens up a brand new way to create the most customized routes and races in the game. Previously Blueprint Events only allowed pre-built tracks to be used but now, players can create their own races from scratch and have races as long as 40 miles which is huge. This will be accessed via the same Blueprint Event Creation screen.
Brand New Horizon Story
Another new thing coming to Forza Horizon 4 is the brand new Horizon Story. The new Horizon Story is called ‘British Racing Green’ and it will allow players to explore the beautiful world of British Racing cars. All vehicles used in this brand new Horizon Story are built in Britain and this story will be accessible after reaching level 50 in the game.
Once players meet the required level, they can simply head to Broadway and start the new Horizon Story. Completing ‘British Racing Green’ will unlock a new quick chat phrase, the classic Bentley 8 Liter which first featured in Forza Motorsports 7 and a unique clothing item. This is the first time that a Forza Horizon game has received story related content post-launch. Previous titles received major expansions but not smaller level DLC relating to story.
Along with these bog features, many much needed fixes have also arrived which include the much-needed Forzathon scores not updating and resetting on their own. The complete list of fixes included according to their press release are as follows.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behavior, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
- Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.
- No Xbox-specific fixes.
Playground Games has done a fantastic job with the new Forza Horizon 4 and it is seemingly the best Xbox One exclusive for 2018. All the new content being added to the game is just adding more value to the game. We cannot wait to jump back in the game and try out the new Route Creator along with the new Horizon Story.
Let us know in the comments section below where will you be heading to race with the new Route Creator feature.