The new Battle Royale game that has taken the community by surprise SCUM is getting a new patch with many new features and bug fixes soon. The developers of the game have revealed the details of the new patch. SCUM is famous for introducing the most in-detail features to ever come to a Battle Royale game and it is also Devolver Digital’s biggest game launch ever.
They have managed to sell 1 million copies for the game and will be rewarded the players pretty soon with a special gift in the upcoming patch as they have announced a special prize for all the players supporting them. SCUM is currently in its Early Access yet it is also a stable game for being in Early Access. Being in Early Access means that the developers will continuously churn out new patches, add or delete game features regularly and cater to player feedback as the game gets through with its development.
Keeping this in mind, they have announced a new Patch 0.1.17.8766 for the game, which is this week’s patch for SCUM. It is coming with many new features and bug fixes. We have detailed all the new fixes, features and other information as released in the official patch notes of the game.
- Added auto-walk initiated by pressing shift and forward key (shift+W by default)
- Dedicated server will no longer cause lag spikes when players climb onto windows or ladders.
- Puppets can now damage you while you are in prone and crouch.
- Added the ability to rebind chat and quick access buttons to options menu
- Added 2 new chests. Improved wooden chest, improvised metal chest. (For now the only difference is the amount that can be stored in Wooden chest 10×10, Improved wooden chest 15×15, Metal chest 20×20, also the metal chest can’t be destroyed)
- Potential ACOG aim precision fix
- Possible fix for a server crash when a player leaves the game
- Added Ammo cal.357
- Added 2 new prison wallet items [Supporter Pack owners]
- Corrected boxing punches animations. (Some punches tend to miss by too much now it’s fixed and all punches land in acceptable bounds)
- Increased number of items saved in single player (100 items in 150m radius)
- Added Atlas LODs and textures for Airport Passenger Building. (Optimized
- meshes that render on long distances)
- Fixed collision on a stair case in light house where player could not move.
- Fixed a server crash when a prisoner dies while registered for an upcoming event and has no controller (probably force logged out)
- Fixed bug on spawn screen that allowed players to pay respawn fee multiple times by pressing the button in quick succession.
- Fixed “aquatic life”, prisoners can drown now.
- Fixed a bug where microphone indicator wasn’t active when push to talk was disabled
- Hungry / thirsty messages localization fix
- B_3_Military_base (moved military crates that were in the ground, rearranged crates on street for better player movement)
- SVD and AK47 animations update
- GreenHouse – Item spawner, increased spawning chances
- Optimized railway bridge LODs
- Fixed Player start position (Fixed the problem where player spawned too high in the air)
- Animal Waypoint editing. (Some animals spawned under ground, now they do not)
- Doubled item auto destruct distance and timer (It checks every 20 minutes if someone is in 100m radius. If not the item is destroyed, and after 60min it gets destroyed no matter of player radius. This does not apply to shelters and boxes and time timer is reset each time the player has an interaction with the item)
- Fixed items only having uncraft action on state load. (This means that some items in SP after log in were unusable, you only could uncraft them eg: spears)
- Fixed options-related issues and crashes with German and Russian languages
- Added Improvised stabproof vest craftable item.
- Closed collision on tunnel frames big and small (possible bug fix with teleporting player outside)
- Fixed issue where sentries would sometimes not be able to pass underneath the vaults high above the ground.
- Nearby items are now saved in single player.
- Removed collision from industrial lights. (you can’t jump on them now)
- Fixed Collision on bunker rooms with glass (players should see you through glass now)
- Rearranged some house interiors so player does not get stuck while vaulting.
- Fix improvised stabproof vest
- Significantly reduced range for inventory handling and crafting sounds.
- Fixed hum sound artifacts for wind and crafting.
- Reduced range of puppet sound.
- Added search sounds for various items.
- Increased volume of sentry voice.
You can check out the official press release here.
Let us know about your experience with SCUM so far or are you planning to buy the game in the near future.