Insomniac Games has just released a new patch for Marvel’s Spider-Man which has added the much-awaited New Game Plus mode along with a new ‘Ultimate’ difficulty.
Revealed via their official post on Reddit, Insomniac Games have revealed the latest patch notes for the new update which is actually a combination of two updates, 1.07 and 1.08 for Marvel’s Spider Man. The new update finally adds the New Game Plus mode in the game which was announced by the developers just after the launch of the game.
Along with the New Game Plus mode, a new difficulty ‘Ultimate’ is also now part of the game which will cater to more hardcore gamers who thought that the current hardest difficulty of the game was too easy for them to beat. Two new trophies catering to New Game Plus and Ultimate Difficulty are also now part of the game. Both of these features were announced earlier.
Many other changes are also part of the new update which focus on general gameplay and other features. Some new features have also been added to the fun photo mode of the game. We have detailed the official patch notes of the 1.07 and 1.08 updates below as released by Insomniac Games.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game+.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added 2 new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes & Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Players can now jump back in the game to try out the hardest difficulty of the game and the New Game Plus mode which allows them to keep everything they unlocked in their initial playthrough of the game.
Let us know in the comments section below whether you will be jumping back in Marvel’s Spider-Man to try out New Game Plus mode or the Ultimate Difficulty.