Publisher Fulqrum Publishing and developer Terminist Arcade have announced the early access release date of their upcoming old-school shooter HYPERVIOLENT. HYPERVIOLENT will release into PC Early Access on April 6, 2023, on PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG.com. To celebrate the release date announcement, the publisher has released a new trailer for the game that showcases gameplay, story elements, and more. Check it out below:
HYPERVIOLENT is an old-school, gloriously-violent first-person shooter that is inspired by the classic sprite-based 3D games from the 90s. In HYPERVIOLENT, you are stranded on Commodus Asteroid 27-C, a remote asteroid-based mining colony clenched in the jaws of violence. As you are stranded and surrounded by monstrous enemies, you will need to take the violence to the next level as you obliterate everything coming your way as you seek the answer to the madness engulfing the colony. Your goal is to uncover the secrets of the evil hidden deep within the dark, claustrophobic mines of the asteroid.
You will have an extensive array of guns and melee weapons at your disposal that can also be dual-wielded in nearly endless combinations. Even with all of these weapons and items at your disposal, you are not an invincible action hero and you will need careful resource management and a keen eye in order to survive and kill everything that comes in your path. During its Early Access launch, HYPERVIOLENT will feature a smaller version of its single-player campaign which will eventually grow as the developers will add more segments to it.
Each segment will bring a completely new gameplay experience to the table and at its full release, HYPERVIOLENT will also feature multiplayer support for up to 30 players alongside a variety of thrilling game modes. At launch, the game will feature five atmospheric levels which will offer around 4-5 hours of gameplay time and you will have the option to choose between 12 weapons and use them to kill ten different enemy types. The early access mode will also feature two challenging boss battles.
As detailed in the press release, the currently planned Early Access roadmap is:
- Early Access Update #1
- Level 6
- Low Gravity mechanic
- 4 new weapons
- 2 new enemies
- 1 new boss
- Neural-Implant Possession Mechanic
- Early Access Update #2
- Level 7
- 2 new weapons
- 4 new enemies
- 6 Degrees of Freedom spaceship flying mechanic, including some sections where the player may leave their ship for a period of time.
- Full Release
- Levels 8 – 11
- 6 new weapons
- Full localization
- Coop multiplayer for up to 4 players
- PvP multiplayer modes
- Various optimization and quality-of-life improvements
Key features of HYPERVIOLENT are:
- Gorgeous 3D / Pixel Hybrid Explore the rich environments of the I.E.C. Commodus station and paint them with viscera, rendered in a combination of classic low-poly 3D, and hand-crafted 1990s pixel art aesthetic.
- Intense horror atmosphere Feel the dread of exploring the dark, claustrophobic corridors of an asteroid mine, stranded deep in space. Nobody can help you, nobody can save you, nobody can hear you scream.
- Brutal combat Dual-wield more than 20 unique ranged and melee weapons to obliterate insane and monstrous enemies, but don’t get cocky – manage your resources, you don’t want to run out of ammo in a boss fight
- RPG / FPS mechanics Manage your inventory, upgrade weapons, interact with NPCs, & peruse through computer data logs to further your mission in this exciting, authentically nostalgic experience.
- Use the environment to your advantage. Utilize switches, computer terminals, keycards & other control mechanisms to navigate the labyrinthian station and manipulate your environment.
HYPERVIOLENT is releasing in Early Access on PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG.com, and you can add the game to your wishlist right now across all three platforms if you are interested in jumping in it when it comes out. Additional details such as a full release date and the release dates for different upgrades will be shared at a later stage. The publisher earlier shared a demo of HYPERVIOLENT back in 2022.
What are your thoughts on HYPERVIOLENT and will you be jumping into its Early Access release later this week? Let us know in the comments section below.