Ubisoft has announced Special Operations 3 for Ghost Recon Wildlands. The new update will be bringing a handful of features when it launches on December 11, 2018. The update is expected to go live across all platforms next week.
Special Operations 3 will include a new PvE mission with in-game rewards, and includes two PvP classes that are inspired by the theme of the mission in the update. Other things to come as features are two new maps, new items, updates to the Prestige Economy, and also throws in a Photo Mode into the game.
Although the update brings all the features of the update on December 11, players who have the season 2 pass will get both new PvP classes on the day of the update. But players who do not own the Year 2 Pass, can get it unlocked one week later.
In case you are wondering if the new update and its features will cost you anything, it won’t. As most of the Special Operation 3 content (excluding the cosmetic items) is free, with the only exception of Year 2 Pass holders getting one exclusive customization pack a week early than the rest.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands’ third free major update for the second year of post-launch content, Special Operation 3, will contain a brand-new PvE mission, new PvP maps and classes, a new Photo Mode, as well as improvements to the Prestige Economy based on community feedback.
Here are the details provided by Ubisoft in the announcement, and the content that we should be expecting with the update:
- New PvE Mission and Rewards: Special Operation 3 will come with a free PvE mission with rewards.
- PvP Classes + Maps: Two new Ghost War classes that are inspired by the Special Operations 3 theme will be joining in the fight. Additionally, there are also two new maps where you can test their kits.
- Photo Mode: Players can now capture their epic moments and the beautiful scenery of the Wildlands with the new Photo Mode feature.
- Prestige Economy: Based on community feedback, Ubisoft will be implementing further updates to the Prestige Economy that build upon the changes from Special Operation 2. More information about it is expected soon.
- New Customization Items: More than 90 new items will be added to the store, including a new pack related to the theme.
What do you think of the new update coming in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands? Let us know in the comments below.