Playground Games has detailed the upcoming update for Forza Horizon 5 called Winter Wonderland and it is coming packed with new content and features. The most prominent announcement from the stream is the new Fast X pack which brings 5 new premium cars from the movie Fast X including the cool Flip Car. Apart from this paid car pack, the new Festival Playlist is also bringing four new vehicles along with four new vehicles coming to the Autoshow. Apart from new vehicles, we are getting new props, a holiday makeover for the entire map, and tons of other cool content for this update.
Winter Wonderland Update for Forza Horizon 5
The Winter Wonderland update for Forza Horizon 5 will bring four weeks of winter with it as you will encounter the chilly and cozy ambiance of an all-winter Festival for the holiday season. The snowman collectible is making a comeback for this holiday season and you will be smashing it during Week 2 of the Festival Playlist. The Stadium is also getting a holiday makeover as it will be filled with candy canes and Christmas trees all over and the course will be transformed as well with snow. EventLab is getting six brand-new props which will give creators even more freedom when it comes to designing custom routes. The new materials include:
- Six types of curbs
- Start Lights
- Checkered finish line
Walls & Fences:
- Three different race barriers
- Two concrete barriers
Signs & Flags:
- Brake markers (50, 100, 150, 200 meters)
- Festive decorative items include:
- Wooden Tree (Small, Medium, Large) featuring eight different patterns
- Houses with three different patterns
- Chimney with three possible patterns
Signs & Flags:
- Winter Flag
Just like last year, Secret Santa is coming back to Forza Horizon 5 and will be giving out two brand-new vehicles during this season of giving. The very first vehicle is the 2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 and the second one is a surprise. Starting December 5, players can start sending each other in-game gifts and once a milestone is achieved, a prize will be unlocked for everyone. Once the second milestone is achieved, the second car will be unlocked for everyone as well.
To add new racing opportunities, a new circuit called the Winter Wonderland Circuit is also part of the update. It will arrive free with the update starting today and players will be able to race on it both normally and in Rivals mode. This circuit is here to stay permanently in Forza Horizon 5 even if the Winter Wonderland update leaves the game. To keep the Winter spirit alive, this track will only be available during the Winter seasons of future updates. The Winter Woodland Circuit is bringing new accolades for you to unlock as well. These are:
- Winter Wonderland Circuit Rookie – Complete Winter Wonderland Circuit – 750
- Winter Wonderland Circuit Pro – Win Winter Wonderland Circuit – 250
Online (Rivals Tab)
- Winter Wonderland Circuit Clean Time – Post a clean time on the Winter Wonderland Circuit leaderboard – 500
No Festival Playlist and update is complete without new cars and vehicles coming to Forza Horizon 5 and this one is no different. This time around, we are getting four new vehicles coming to the Autoshow as part of the new update. You will be able to acquire all four of these vehicles directly from the Autoshow without the need to complete any challenges. These include:
- 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
- 1953 Jaguar C-Type
- 1970 Ferrari 512 S
- 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
During the Festival Playlist, we will be able to unlock a brand-new vehicle every week as well by completing challenges and earning points. These include:
- 2009 Lotus 2-Eleven – Earn 20 PTS during Week 1 on the Winter Wonderland Festival Playlist. Available from December 7 until December 14
- 2019 Morgan Aero GT – Earn 20 PTS during Week 2 on the Winter Wonderland Festival Playlist. Available from December 14 until December 21
- 2022 Subaru BRZ – Earn 20 PTS during Week 3 on the Winter Wonderland Festival Playlist. Available from December 21 until December 28
- 2000 Lotus 340R – Earn 20 PTS during Week 4 on the Winter Wonderland Festival Playlist. Available from December 28 until January 3
Apart from these free vehicles, a new paid car pack is also arriving today called the Fast X Car Pack which will bring five iconic vehicles from the movie to the game. These include:
- 1970 Dodge Charger Fast X
- 1966 Impala Super Sport ‘Fast X’
- 1973 Datsun 240Z ‘Fast X’
- 2022 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody ‘Fast X’
- 2022 Flip Car 2.0 ‘Fast X’
During the Holiday season, a grand sale is taking place on the Forzathon Shop where you can purchase vehicles featured in the previous Festival Playlist rewards at a discounted price. The sales will take place from December 24 – December 26 and December 31 – January 2. During this time, selected reward vehicles can be obtained from the Forzathon shop for 50-200 Forzathon Points. The schedule is:
December 24 – December 26
- 2022 Toyota GR86 – 200 Forzathon Points
- 1965 Toyota Sports 800 – 150 Forzathon Points
- 1977 Chevrolet K10 Customized – 100 Forzathon Points
- 2010 Renault Clio R.S – 50 Forzathon Points
December 31 – January 2
- 2021 Mercedes AMB Black GT – 200 Forzathon Points
- 1989 Toyota MR2 GT – 150 Forzathon Points
- 1980 Subaru Brat GL – 100 Forzathon Points
- 1991 Bentley Turbo R – 50 Forzathon Points
Game Fixes and Updates
The Winter Wonderland update is arriving with a lot of bug fixes and changes as well. While detailed patch notes will be shared later, some of the important fixes are detailed below:
- New engine audio for the 2023 Corvette Z06
- PC – Performance drop while driving in the Audi e-Tron has been improved.
- PC – BMW i4 / Czsinger 21C’s Windshield works correctly under rain.
- Solved 2022 Porsche GT4 RS’s hoods issues with liveries.
- You are now able to tune the gear ratio of the 2023 Meyers Manx 2.0.
- Fixed ASL/BSL videos missing in some chapters of Donut Media and Icons of Speed
- “Purrrfect Collection” badge added.
If you still have to complete this week’s challenges in Forza Horizon 5 before the update wraps up later this week, make sure that you check out our Forza Horizon 5 BalancingAct Photo Challenge Guide and Forza Horizon 5 Top of the World Treasure Hunt Guide. Additional details can be found on the official Forza Horizon 5 website.
What are your thoughts on the new Winter Wonderland update for Forza Horizon 5? Are you looking forward to playing the new content? Let us know in the comments section below.