A new patch for Fortnite has just landed with many new features and bug fixes. Epic Games is continuously working to iron out many bugs plaguing the game and seems like the new patch addresses many bugs too.
Along with these bug fixes, Epic Games has also released a new gun for the Battle Royale Mode while Save the World receives a new character and a new challenge.
The gun added to the Battle Royale mode is the Suppresses Assault Rifle, which allows the players to shoot down enemies without alerting them or others to their presence. It is also more precise and boasts increased accuracy if shot in small bursts.
Save the World now has a brand new character, Field Agent Rio has joined the ranks in Save the World. She is a Mythic Outlander and she was available for Battle Royale mode for a long time. Now she has been added in Save the World as well.
Another new thing added to Save the World mode is a new challenge, which is the Week 6 of the Horde Challenge which introduces even more aggressive Husks to the game. Players will not get any shields in this mode against the assassin Husks.
Apart from these new additions to the game, many bugs have also been addressed in the game. We have detailed the official list of bug fixes and other changes below for your reference.
Save the World
This section lists all additions and bug fixes for the Save the World mode.
- This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks – and players have no shields!
- Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander – Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
- Features new Subclass – Rook
- New Perk – Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
Weapons and Items
- Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
- A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
- Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
- Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.
This section lists all the bug fixes and additions to the Battle Royale mode of Fortnite.
Limited Time Mode: The Getaway
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
Weapons and Items
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
- Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
- 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
These are all the changes added and fixed in the new V5.40 patch for Fortnite.