Fortnite has just added a very unusual feature called Thank the Bus Driver. The ability to thank the bus driver has been added in the latest patch update v5.30. This bus driver is supposedly the one operating the battle bus for players to drop over the island.
Taken the idea out of the meme “thanking the bus driver”, Epic adds this subtle feature without any hints of it in the patch notes. This left the players to find the feature themselves, but that didn’t take too long.
This feature was likely added as a result of a deleted Change.org petition asking developers to add such feature to thank the bus driver.
Since its addition, players have been seen thanking the bus with their names, on the bottom left side of notification pop ups that usually displays the kills and death of players. The thanking message that is shown says “[player] has thanked the bus driver.” It is worth mentioning that this new feature doesn’t actually affect the gameplay in any way. So do not expect any rewards or bonuses in return.
If you want to use this feature and thank the bus driver yourself, press the B key if you are on PC, and D-Pad down if you are on console.
A few other changes with bug fixes have been added with today’s Fortnite update v5.30, details of which are below:
LIMITED TIME MODE: SCORE ROYALE
Earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and eliminating other players. The first to cross the High Score threshold wins the Victory Royale!
- More Llamas!
- 30 total Supply Llamas per match.
- Llamas have reduced building materials due to the amount in each game.
- 20 of each material type.
- All other loot is unchanged.
- Opening a Supply Llama grants 50 points.
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast! Earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
Playground has been updated with a couple dozen new ATK’s available, some more ramps to jump them off of, and a handful of new Rifts scattered throughout the map. Head to the hilltops and see if you can find them all.
- Rift-To-Go added.
- Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in inventory and deployed immediately.
- When activated, you are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- Epic rarity. Drops in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- Can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
Tell us what you think of this new feature to thank the bus driver in Fortnite Battle Royale. Use the comment section below to post your thoughts and opinions.