Epic Games released turrets for Fortnite recently in patch V6.30 and after two days they nerfed turrets. The nerf was followed after an exploit that allowed players to make traps almost indestructible.
Epic Games before quickly responded the overpowered turret’s health and its floor health. Initially, turret floor health was 5000 and turret health was 800. Fortnite released a hotfix and changed the values. Now, turret floor health is 1000 and turret health is down to 400.
We're releasing a hotfix that has adjustments to the Mounted Turret in Battle Royale.
Turret Floor health has been reduced from 5000 to 1000.
Turret health has been reduced from 800 to 400.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) November 15, 2018
Epic Games in their recently released hotfix not only reduced the values of turret floor and base health but, they have also limited the usage of it. Developer has mentioned on Reddit that:
We’ve reduced the availability of the Mounted Turret in all default modes (Solo, Duos, Squads)
The turrets in Fortnite were introduced in Patch V6.30. In addition to turrets, Epic Games also introduced limited time Food Fight mode.
Here are the mode details that was introduced in Version 6.30
- An impassable barrier will be spawned along the center of the map for the first several minutes.
- Each team will have an under-construction restaurant near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
- If the mascot head is destroyed, that team loses the match.
- Teams should use the time that the barrier is up to construct a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier lowers… fight to take out the enemy mascot before they destroy yours!
- Special red Supply Drops spawn at the start of the match. These hold a handful of weapons, ammo, consumables, traps and a few hundred metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after 7 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a percentage of their ammo upon elimination, as well as 30/30/60 wood/stone/metal materials.
- 100% extra resources are gained from gathering.
- Building resources found on the ground increased from 20 to 50 per instance.
- No explosive weapons or items are in this mode.
Fortnite has become a new internet sensation since its release July 25, 2017. The game has become now a multi-platform game with cross-play support.
The game is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and iOS. The cross platform gameplay of the feature has made it the most playable game. People enjoy while playing with friends and Fortnite does not restrict players of one platform to play with others.
Let us know more your thoughts in comments section below.