Indie developer and publisher of the RPG Dungeons of Dreadrock, Prof. Dr. Christoph Minnameier, has shared new details and insights for the game. Dungeons of Dreadrock was released back in March 2022 and since its release, the game has seen massive growth in its community. Since its release, over 1 million players have experienced the puzzle dungeon adventure and it is currently in the Top 10 iOS Metacritic Games of 2023. It is also currently in the Top 100 Nintendo Switch games for 2023.
Apart from ranking in the top lists, the game has already won plenty of awards, such as Google IGF Europe and Indie Clash and it is currently a finalist in the PocketGamer People’s Choice Awards. Since its release, the developer has been working to make the game more accessible as well and so far, the game has localization for 18 languages on Android and iOS. For its future, the game will receive its Episode 2 ‘The Dead King’s Secret’ soon as it is currently in development. Additional details about the next episode will be released at a later stage.
Below you will find an outline of all of the new details shared by the developer about Dungeons of Dreadrock:
- Over 1 million players
- Top 10 iOS Metacritic games 2023
- Top 100 Switch games 2023
- Won Google IGF Europe, won Indie Clash, and is currently a finalist in the PocketGamer people’s choice award.
- Available with Google Play Pass
- Recently, DoD received localizations for 18 languages on Android and iOS.
- For Nintendo Switch a free demo and the localization patch are going live in March.
- Episode 2 “The Dead King’s Secret” is currently in the making
- It is to be released in December.
- It will feature another hundred levels together with a compelling story
- You won’t play the same protagonist
- The choir “Clamavi de Profundis” (over 200 million Youtube views) is creating music for the game.
Dungeons of Dreadrock is currently available on PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. The game is also now part of Google Play Pass and if you are a member of the service, you can play Dungeons of Dreadrock without paying a dime. A small demo of the game is launching on the Nintendo Switch platform later this month which will give you a small taste of the full game.
What are your thoughts on Dungeons of Dreadrock and is it something that you might be interested in playing? Let us know in the comments section below.