Bloober Team has announced the release window of its upcoming reboot of the franchise, Layers of Fear which is coming out this summer. Along with a new teaser trailer for the upcoming horror game, Layers of Fear will release on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC this summer and a confirmed release date will be announced later closer to the actual launch of the title however the game is coming out in June 2023. Before we jump into any additional details, you can check out the new teaser trailer for Layers of Fear below:
The latest teaser for Layers of Fear was featured at IGN Fanfest 2023 where the Bloober Team and game developer Anshar Studios shared the June 2023 release window for the new game. In the new trailer, the developer details that the upcoming Layers of Fear will be the ultimate Layers of Fear experience and it will the most refined horror game it has ever done. Layers of Fear will allow you to experience the twisted and eerie stories of three obsession-driven artists in this first-person psychedelic horror game.
As the developer details, Layers of Fear will be the last spine-chilling story in the franchise, and it will allow you to experience the Layers of Fear franchise in the most definitive way possible. It will feature Layers of Fear and Layers of Fear 2 along with all of the DLCs including the new ‘The Final Note’ DLC that will give you a new perspective on the Layers of Fear storyline as well as the never-before-released story of The Writer which will tie everything together. Layers of Fear is being developed with cutting-edge Unreal Engine 5 technology.
It will also support all modern visual features including Ray Tracing, HDR, and 4k resolution, and also makes use of the Lumen system to offer the most immersive and visceral horror experience in the market. Arek Reikowski, the two-time nominee in the Best Soundtrack category of the Hollywood Music in Media Awards, and winner of the Digital Dragons Best Soundtrack award for The Medium has composed a new hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game. His hauntingly beautiful compositions, paired with the enhanced visual fidelity which is only made possible with Unreal Engine 5, will certainly leave you sitting on the edge of your seat with chills shooting down your spine.
Key features of Layers of Fear include:
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat
Layers of Fear is slated for release in June 2023 and a confirmed release date will be announced later. It will be released on next-gen consoles Xbox Series X|S and PS5 along with PC. You can now add it to your wishlist on Steam as well if you are interested in playing Layers of Fear when it comes out.
What are your thoughts on the new teaser trailer for Layers of Fear and its release window? Will you be playing the game when it comes out? Let us know in the comments section below.