Publisher Firesquid Games and developer Angel Corp have announced the demo release of their upcoming tactical RPG Blade Prince Academy along with its Kickstarter campaign. The new demo for Blade Prince Academy is part of the ongoing Steam TactiCon 2023 and it will remain live until May 15, 2023. The Kickstarter campaign for Blade Prince Academy is also currently in full swing and interested players can head over to it and get involved with the development of the game.
To celebrate the demo release and the Kickstarter campaign, the developers have officially unveiled the announcement trailer of Blade Prince Academy as well. Check it out below:
In Blade Prince Academy, you are a student, and your top priority is safeguarding the city of Abjectalia from internal and external dangers. As a member of this academy, you will come across different challenges such as fighting against gangs, cults, and monsters who are causing chaos in the city. You will create a team of diverse Blade Princes that will be able to land powerful combo attacks in battle using ‘true real-time with pause’. By manipulating the order and timing of each attack, you can dodge enemy spells, use the environment to your advantage and even push your enemies into a position where you can take them out easily.
The Kickstarter campaign of Blade Prince Academy gives us a behind-the-scenes look at the game and the developer will be able to continue to grow the game’s community while allowing for even more content to be added to the game for players. Every player who backs the game will receive exclusive rewards based on their support tier. Bonuses include different options like a discount on the game, access to digital goodies, direct involvement in the development, and exclusive information about the game’s future.
The Kickstarter campaign will allow the developers to add new heroes, bosses, and even more missions to the game. If you are interested in trying out the game before jumping into the Kickstarter campaign, you can download and try out the Blade Prince Academy Steam TactiCon 2023 demo right now. It is around an hour and a half long and will have four missions including the tutorial along with a smaller mission focused on combos and skills. There will be one major boss battle as well. Key features of Blade Prince Academy include:
- Talent Tree: Manage upgrades and unlock skills to improve the Princes. As you gain more experience, you will earn access to more powerful spells.
- Pacts: Heroes can be endowed with Pacts, granting them both negative and positive effects. This system innovates in the accumulation of Pacts, allowing for the development of powerful yet flawed heroes.
- Real-time With Pause Combat: Pause time during combat to strategically plan out every single movement and attack for your squad. Deal punishing blows to enemies by combining attacks and abilities with the right effects to generate powerful combos.
- Unique Characters: Assemble a squad of different heroes, each with their own unique strengths, weaknesses, and backstories.
- Relationships: The choices made throughout your journey will impact the Blade Princes and how they feel about each other. This will affect their lives as well as impact which strategy will be the best to adopt.
- Spell Load-out: Equip characters with the game’s arsenal of spells to find the perfect strategy for the missions ahead.
- Challenging Boss Fights: Protect the city of Abjectalia from hordes of monsters like vampires, rebels, cultists, and more, all with terrifying powers that will require you to have complete mastery of the combat system.
If you are interested in Blade Prince Academy, you can download and play its free demo right now on PC via Steam. You can also add the game to your wishlist or support the developer through the game’s Kickstarter campaign.
What are your thoughts on Blade Prince Academy, and will you be trying out its demo during the Steam TactiCon 2023? Let us know in the comments section below.