During its Inside Xbox event during E3 2019, Xbox announced that the Backwards Compatibility program on Xbox One has concluded. This is because the studio now wants to work on making the games compatible on the next generation of Xbox which was also announced during the E3 called Project Scarlett.
All previous games added to Xbox One and Xbox One X in this program will remain available on the platform however no future titles will arrive on the current-gen console. Most of the titles that came to the program were selected after fan feedback and they included titles from some of the best franchises that came out on the original Xbox and Xbox 360. At this point, more than 600 titles are available with Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One range of consoles.
During the same event, Xbox announced that with the focus now shifting on Project Scarlett, the next-generation console will support games from all four generations of Xbox. This is the very reason why Microsoft is shifting its focus on making games compatible with Project Scarlett instead of Xbox One now. However, with the parting announcement, Xbox also announced a final batch of games coming to Xbox One with this program after which no more games will arrive on Xbox One.
The final batch of games include some original Xbox Classics, some original Xbox DLC packs Xbox 360 fan-favorites and Xbox One X Enhanced Updates as well. We have detailed all of them below.
New Original Xbox Games Coming to Xbox One
- Armed and Dangerous
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Original Xbox DLC Packs
- Armed and Dangerous – New Mission: Summer Home
- Star Wars Battlefront – New Map: Jabba
- Star Wars Battlefront II – Expansion Pack (4 new maps, 1 new hero: Kit Fisto and 1 new villain: Asajj Ventress), New mode: Kashyyyk Assault
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Equipment store: Yavin Station
- Star Wars Republic Commando – Multiplayer Map: Hangar
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell – 3 Mission Packs: Kola Cell, Vselka Infiltration, and Vselka Submarine
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow – 2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Federal Bank and River Mall
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory – 2 Mission Packs (split-screen co-op missions): Nuclear Plant and UN Headquarters, 2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Polar Base and Steel Squat
Xbox 360 Fan-Favorites
- Asura’s Wrath
- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
- Enchanted Arms
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Far Cry Classic
- Far Cry Instincts Predator
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Too Human
- Unreal Tournament III
Xbox One X Enhanced Updates
- Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
- Kameo Elements of Power
- Perfect Dark
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Viva Piñata
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Along with these games, Xbox is also giving Too Human free to everyone with the Backwards Compatibility. This concludes the final batch of games with Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One. Further support will continue on Project Scarlett.
Which of these titles are you going to play on your Xbox One now that the Backwards compatibility has concluded? Let us know in the comments section below.