The next DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is available now with a launch trailer confirming its details. The DLC is focused on testing the player’s skills to the test as the name of the DLC suggests. This combat focused DLC is going to take place in a new undiscovered island.
This is the second major update in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and focuses on certain aspects like endurance, puzzle solving and pitting destruction after destruction, which hints that the introductions of wave based battles for survival in addition to more tactical encounters.
Prove your worth in the crucible of Kazuwari, where the arena’s masters and their worshipers exalt the victorious and delight in the blood forfeited by the defeated. Something corrupts the spirits that dwell in the very stones of the crucible, and only you can uncover its secrets.
In this new DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
Seek glory, treasure, and truth in an arena designed to test the mettle of you and your party.
Slay your way through the most challenging foes you have ever faced, both past and present.
Survive the trials and whims of the spirits and their worshipers to prove you stand above even the greatest the Deadfire has to offer.
David Benefield also added in the Game’s Forums that, “There’s a lot of new in Patch 3.0, and we can’t wait for the community to experience all we have to offer.
Check out some of the highlights below:
- New Magran’s Fires Challenges
- Eothas’ Challenge – Players must complete the game in a certain amount of time
- Galawain’s Challenge – Beasts have random buffs set throughout the game.
- New Berath’s Blessings
- Loaded Pockets – NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items for those Watchers who have sticky fingers.
- Legendary Crew – Three veteran sailors from the Kraken’s Eye tavern are willing to cut you a great deal. Hire these experienced sailors for cheap!
- Discount Craftsman – Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced!
- Mythical Discovery – The Watcher’s starting armoire has a Mythical Adra Stone that can upgrade any one legendary quality item to Mythic!
- Spider Queen Megaboss – Belranga has arrived and if the feedback by our beta testers is any proof, she’s as terrifying as we were hoping she would be. Hunt her down now to find some…mouth-watering rewards
The patch also comes with various bug fixes for the game. Read the full patch 3.0 here.